Active Topics

Does anyone know of anyway to input chinese in SMS to text other people? I know that there is language support in reading chinese and typing chinese (mcsim) in note pad and what not... but I have not yet found any repositories or fremantles to support typing chinese as texting resource to other people who can recieve chinese texts. Please help! Thanks all in advance!

add extras-testing and extras-devel then download google-pinyin

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai
Another solution (that I am using now) could be:

1. add extras-testing and extras-devel
2. install: mscim, mscim-modules-table, mscim-pinyin
3. In setting / mscim Input Method check that is enabled the option "Enable 智能拼音"

I used today this configuration with sms and pidgin and terminal and it is very good.

The problem i have with these inputs is that they disable my symbol keyboard? Like it doesnt pop up any more? So if i am trying to do SH| or < > I cannot gain access to these symbols? Does anyone have a solution to this?

The Following User Says Thank You to kcman123 For This Useful Post:
I have the same issue...

Originally Posted by kcman123 View Post
The problem i have with these inputs is that they disable my symbol keyboard? Like it doesnt pop up any more?
This is troubling. I really need CJK input and I've been following this tool for two months hoping to see it come along a little farther and make it to Extras-Testing before installing it (but it's had no visible development since January 5)...

...and this is the first I have heard of this issue.

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about the hardware keyboard BlueArrow > Sym > On-screen virtual keyboard of symbols? Or are you talking about hardware-keyboard-closed, virtual keyboard's "*&?" button? (approximate button label -- I can't type the actual button label).

Whichever it is, is it possible to use the other symbol input method to enter |, [, ~, {, and such?

And while I'm at it, does the CJK input work with both hardware and virtual keyboards?

I echo the question:
Originally Posted by kcman123 View Post
Does anyone have a solution to this?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bitziz View Post
add extras-testing and extras-devel then download google-pinyin
Please ALWAYS warn people before telling them to add Extras-Testing and Extras-Devel.
Sending people there without a warning is the worst thing you can do.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

Hi all,
I have installed all 3 of the mentioned packages,
I cannot toggle the pinyin input on / off thoug, using shift+space
am I doing anything wrong?
what do you suggest?
thanks in advance