Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
That is very strange but today my alarm was setu up for 4pm and of course it was just on time but at 8:46 pm it rang again without any setting it up fot this hour. Does anyone have the same issue?

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
raverpol: The FM radio setting should not even be displayed for the N900 as it is not supported yet. I did not get a chance to check the coding for this to make sure it would not be there though so we may need to update that.

Yes, the N900 has an FM radio, but the code to utilize it is VERY different from the code to get the FM radio on the N800 working, so we need to do some more devel/testing on that before it will work.

If you have erronious alarms in Flip, try uninstalling the app and re-installing the latest version; that will force clear all alarms on the system. You can try manually running "flipAlarmSync clear clear clear" as mentioned earlier in the thread, but if you do the manual route make sure you turn all of the alarms off in Flip FIRST!! Then run the clear command, and re-enable the alarm(s) you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Berkshire
Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
No sorry i dont get anything like this.
That's because you've typed "dpkg -l flipclock" rather than "dpkg -L flipclock". It has to be an upper case 'L'.

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
raverpol: The FM radio setting should not even be displayed for the N900 as it is not supported yet. I did not get a chance to check the coding for this to make sure it would not be there though so we may need to update that.

Yes, the N900 has an FM radio, but the code to utilize it is VERY different from the code to get the FM radio on the N800 working, so we need to do some more devel/testing on that before it will work.
ok now I understand

If you have erronious alarms in Flip, try uninstalling the app and re-installing the latest version; that will force clear all alarms on the system. You can try manually running "flipAlarmSync clear clear clear" as mentioned earlier in the thread, but if you do the manual route make sure you turn all of the alarms off in Flip FIRST!! Then run the clear command, and re-enable the alarm(s) you want.
I will reinstall as u mentioned but will it be the same later when and I will have to make new installation from time to time?

thanks a lot

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
I will reinstall as u mentioned but will it be the same later when and I will have to make new installation from time to time?
No the only reason you've got a "random alarm" is that at some point Flip lost track of the alarm so there is no way to disable it from within the app anymore. This happened with older versions of the app, or when you start manually messing with files, so a clean uninstall/reinstall should take care of everything and as long as you don't go back to an older version or mess with files manually you should be fine from here forwards.

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
No the only reason you've got a "random alarm" is that at some point Flip lost track of the alarm so there is no way to disable it from within the app anymore. This happened with older versions of the app, or when you start manually messing with files, so a clean uninstall/reinstall should take care of everything and as long as you don't go back to an older version or mess with files manually you should be fine from here forwards.

Thanks,
Ok That's clear for me. What about language? Is there any chance that it won't be the system language? Right now I have polish of course and this appl tries to have polish as well but it hasn't polish fonts so it is funny now to see names of days )

sorry guys but uninstall and install procedure didn't work. I did it and guess what? after 3 hours I heard alarm from my phone and FlipClock

Ok so i installed new version and still got random alarms, i then used the code in x terminal and it came up alarms cleared, my problem is im still getting random alarms after all that.

thanks mark

take it this app is dead?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by squirreluk View Post
take it this app is dead?
Far from being dead. The great majority of FlipClock users have trouble-free experience. Still more work is being done for the N900 users.