Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
I got the .install file in a browser but did not use it. Once the browser was closed I never was able to find the .install again. :-( Now I have paid for an application I can't install.

Does someone has an Idea how to install the tool? I also wrote an email to the support but maybe there is an easy and fast solution.

Thanks, jukey
You'll need to wait for support to get back to you I'm afraid - they're the only ones who can validate that you've paid. You need either the repository details or the .deb file to install it and, as there's nothing stopping anyone installing it otherwise, I'm not going to post either.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
try going to main page. I had similar problems and after I went to main page, had three joikuspots in my shopping kart.
I think for me the adflashblock-css was the problem unstalled it this morning and finally was able to download it. Going to test it out later with my laptop and itouch.

Originally Posted by muto View Post
Does it still use 100% CPU all the time? I will buy it if it not.
Not at all. Sometimes it only uses 98%.

But to be serious - yes - the CPU does seem to run at 100%. Conky is showing Xorg at around 50-60%, Joiku at around 20-25% and other stuff taking up the rest.

No idea what Xorg is to be honest and it runs when Joiku is not present - but it runs at around 6% normally.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post

But to be serious - yes - the CPU does seem to run at 100%. Conky is showing Xorg at around 50-60%, Joiku at around 20-25% and other stuff taking up the rest.

No idea what Xorg is to be honest and it runs when Joiku is not present - but it runs at around 6% normally.
Xorg is the process which handles the display (at a pretty low level), so it sounds as though Joiku is constantly updating the display while it's running.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Xorg is the process which handles the display (at a pretty low level), so it sounds as though Joiku is constantly updating the display while it's running.
I left it running with no connected clients, and battery died after 2.5 hours. So is it updating screen even when screen is switched off.

There is no way you can use this application without charging phone whole time.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by petnetti View Post
I left it running with no connected clients, and battery died after 2.5 hours. So is it updating screen even when screen is switched off.

There is no way you can use this application without charging phone whole time.
you just used it for 2,5 hours

1-2 hours if a comp/phone is connected?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I bought the new Version and can't complain, it works perfectly so far with several devices connected Only disadvantage is the battery usage yes, the phone gets also quite warm.

Edit (My post from the Joiku forums):

Dear Joiku Community,

I installed a few hours ago Joiku and was really happy with it, everything worked as expected. The phone may gets a bit hot cause of the Speedmeters, so a option in the future to disable the GUI would be helpful.

Now to the negative part, since the I installed Joiku I have no chance anymore to use my WLAN connection. When I connect to a network I get the error "Network-Error, retry?". I tested several WLAN networks and get always the same error. I restarted the phone after the Joiku installation of course and Joiku itself is working just fine, but everything else WLAN related stopped working.

I have the latest N900 firmware installed, uninstalled Joiku already to check if it may gets fixed that way and removed all WLAN connections to re-add them without success.

It would be nice to get a reply as soon as possible because a N900 without WLAN is quite useless if you got no 3G flat.

With best regards,
Crogge
My phone also rebooted itself after a while is that normal with Joiku oO?

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-03-11 at 07:31.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post

But to be serious - yes - the CPU does seem to run at 100%.
If that's true I'd consider demanding a refund - that's just plain buggy.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Seriously. They are charging money for this?

@Crogge: maybe an overheat or watchdog-triggered reboot (ie related to the fact it pegs your CPU at 100%).

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
I bought the new Version and can't complain, it works perfectly so far with several devices connected Only disadvantage is the battery usage yes, the phone gets also quite warm.

Edit (My post from the Joiku forums):

My phone also rebooted itself after a while is that normal with Joiku oO?
I have the same issue! Please update us when you get a resolution....