Active Topics

Hi all

i want to access internet on my N900 using my broadband connection.when click on my wifi signal from my mobile then it shows unable to get IP from network.

My router has DHCP enabled.

please note

When i use BB on My desktop i have to dial PPoe connection.

so explain me how can i connect to internet using my N900;also can i use internet simultaneously on MY DESKTOP and N900.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hehe see what you mean (from previous thread)
allthough i don't understand the question.....

There could be lots of issues here .... but i assume your problem is simply, you can't get your n900 to connect to your wireless router?

(Possibly connection type? - i had to lower the security settings on mine to get the n900 working)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kent, UK
If you have not "officially" added it to your phone's list of connections, it might be a similar issue to those attempting get access to public WiFi hotspots...?

I think you have to add it via "settings/internet connections/connections/new" before you can use it...

I could be wrong.

i tried that but unable to connect with my wifi router

does it give errors on connection, or just not able to see it?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

it says
"Internet connection failed.
Unable toretrieve Ip Address from Server."

try a few tests with your router like:
Removing all passwords quickly - test it as an open wifi router - see if that works?
if it does... add the security until it doesn't - might find it is a specific speed or security type that fails?

wifi don't have any password.its open but still i am not able to retrieve ip