Active Topics

Notices

While knowing that PSPdisp and VNC are smiliar but meet different goals; one a second display with audio and the other a robust remote/thin client, I'm wondering why there aren't some VNC clients that work more like PSPdisp?

Is it a limitation of the RFB protocol and/or VNC servers?

and while I've got your attention, is there interest in porting PSPdisp or writing something similar for Nokia tablets?

From the PSPdisp project site:

Will there be a version for Mac OS X / Linux / etc.?

Not from me. The download includes the complete source code, though. So if anyone wants to port PSPdisp, just go ahead. While all functions for aquiring the display contents and the GUI are platform specific to Windows, the data transmission is done using standard socket API and libusb, so they should be fairly portable.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by lowtek View Post
While knowing that PSPdisp and VNC are smiliar but meet different goals; one a second display with audio and the other a robust remote/thin client, I'm wondering why there aren't some VNC clients that work more like PSPdisp?
Work more like it how? If you mean include audio - that's a limitation of the base RFB protocol, though there's nothing stopping protocol extensions from doing this.

more like PSPdisp as in having a high framerate display of the remote PC. i've used PSPdisp and was able to play youtube and other video and it displayed it seemingly at actual speed. the same with computer games.

is anyone familiar with anything comparable to PSPdisp in that sense?