Active Topics

++Cartoon_Head

Please stay with this. I've been wanting this since I got my N900.

(Not sure why you posted in "Off Topic". To my mind, this is very much "On Topic".

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Originally Posted by dvergin View Post
++Cartoon_Head

Please stay with this. I've been wanting this since I got my N900.

(Not sure why you posted in "Off Topic". To my mind, this is very much "On Topic".
Same here. Since the day I bought n900 I also dreamt about something like this because it would allow me to use some interesting applications - expecially some in Easy Debian - from my pc.

And if u are using many computers, home, office, holiday, and if u keep most of your important files on your n900 it means u can work on them in the same way from all different locations.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Hi all, well it's nice to see people want this working. I just discovered this webpage http://wiki.maemo.org/X_forwarding_over_ssh saying that if you install the PC connectivity package ssh -X should work. I am going to give that a try now =)

CH

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I want to give thanks but can't as we're in Off Topic!

Good work and will be good when it's working (I'm sure it will be!)
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.