Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
thread about apps #9999, instead of posting that threads - write some apps

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
i would love to see aps for traveling right i see nothing like checking for flights or movie aps for checking show(movies) time in your local area . Apples really have some good one's for traveling that's all !

ZogG not everybody is a developer. I'm sure if you kindly asked for affordable housing from your council you wouldn't expect a "why don't you build one" reply so I don't understand why people reply like this in this forum. agreed that coming here and asking for "MORE apps!" is a bit pointless but we can atleast be civil about it. besides it seemed more like opening discussion of the kind of apps people would like to see, I don't see anything wrong with that.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
thread about apps #9999, instead of posting that threads - write some apps
Not all consumers are developers. Shouldn't be the price of admission of N900 ownership, now should it?

Useless response.

[edit: Didn't see Cue's response until I had posted]

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
You got a point mate, the lack of commercial apps for N900 is exhausting sometimes. The thread is slightly pointless as pretty much everyone who owns a N900 has voiced this concern on numerous occassions. Best making the switch to Android to be honest, not sure Nokia will ever deliver on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to nathaneous For This Useful Post:
Janniman, I do understand what you are saying but isn't it a better idea to suggest what kind of apps you would like to see? Simply complaining 'there aren't enough apps' is not constructive enough. Next to this I personally have the idea more and more awesome applications are starting to come to the N900! Also, personally I am starting/wanting to learn to write apps for the N900 with Qt and find myself to be without inspiration or ideas for useful apps (at least, apps that don't require years of experience in Qt coding )

So my suggestion would be: start a new thread in which you suggest or request applications you would like to see. Simple as that!

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Leeds, UK
@Thomas AH
that was kinda the point of the post! I would like to see more apps on the N900 so that it becomes the machine it has the potential to be! it has the capabilities to knock the iphone of its perch, but most people like all the apps on the iphone and android and so get drawn to it. Surely more apps = more users = more support from nokia????

I dont really have any preference to the kind of apps that you guys develop (I'm only just getting used to terminal so am a long way off becoming a developer) just more volume!

@mthmob I have tried some of the devel and testing apps and tbh have deleted most of them almost immediately as didnt see the point in running the risk of harming my n900 for an app that i didnt enjoy the functions of. I have however been using Xournal and loving it!

i did try to open up this post for discussion of apps you would like to see. maybe apps that cold be ported form other os.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by asking for more apps!

i'm not a developer i just needed an unlock phone that works on TM 3G so i bought the n900 in the USA i like nokia's phone's i had the e71 before this phone . I miss the ovi store on that phone and the basic phone stuff that came with the e71 not found on my n900. I hope this phone or computer or whatever you want to call it work's out for me and and regular guys that bought it .

Last edited by Edsal; 2010-04-26 at 10:32.

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by Edsal View Post
i'm not a developer i just needed an unlock phone that works on TM 3G so i bought the n900 in the USA i like nokia's phone's i had the e71 before this phone . I miss the ovi store on that phone and the basic phone stuff that came with the e71 not found on my n900. I hope this phone or computer or whatever you want to call it work's out for me and and regualr guys that bought it .
Haha sounds like you are in the same boat as me mate. Previously had the E71 and was hoping for an enchanced experience with this phone with all the basic functionalities of the E71. Boy was i wrong (on the basic functionalities part)...wish i had kept it now

Ovistore for n900 should be shut down permanently, everyday that its up ressembles Nokia's poor excuse of innovation.

Tags
applications, apps, fart apps, free apps, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more apps, ovi, ovi store, pay apps, software