Active Topics

me too.. but i do not have the activated backup setting files.. anyone willing to share it pls?

spread the word to all internet tablet uses-

a petition is being drawn up to take action against wayfinder and company

i have contacted a law firm in the uk who is willing to help

if you support this action add your name to this list

1. yukop4

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sadly I'm not in the UK.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
+1 for the petition

I dont care if they will not sell me a new license i just want to use my current one and download the maps.

Last edited by MicroChip123; 2010-04-23 at 10:00.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Finland
I also would like to be able to download maps ...

+1 FOR PETITION... but i guess if someone wants to take legan action why the petition for it?

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by pekkis View Post
I also would like to be able to download maps ...
http://wiki.maemo.org/Mapdata

rlinfati has very kindly uploaded them all.

Thanks for the map uploads, also, any resolution yet?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Originally Posted by rohin_adalja View Post
Thanks for the map uploads, also, any resolution yet?
Well, it's admittedly far from a solution, but this is what I managed to do: I changed the system date and without switching the GPS module on, I could let Wayfinder calculate a route. It even remains in the navigation mode (i. e. premium mode, for which you need a license) after getting GPS fix, but as soon as it needs to recalculate route, it will stop working because of the wrong system time.

So it's not really usable, but it looks like it's possible first of all in the non-premium mode with GPS switched on to see where you are standing at the moment, then change the system date, enter Wayfinder in the premium mode with GPS switched off, lets it calculate the route, switch GPS on and then exactly follow this route and hope it won't need to recalculate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zok View Post
Well, it's admittedly far from a solution, but this is what I managed to do: I changed the system date and without switching the GPS module on, I could let Wayfinder calculate a route. It even remains in the navigation mode (i. e. premium mode, for which you need a license) after getting GPS fix, but as soon as it needs to recalculate route, it will stop working because of the wrong system time.

So it's not really usable, but it looks like it's possible first of all in the non-premium mode with GPS switched on to see where you are standing at the moment, then change the system date, enter Wayfinder in the premium mode with GPS switched off, lets it calculate the route, switch GPS on and then exactly follow this route and hope it won't need to recalculate it.

oh yea, I did that before when I changed the date when activationg the 7-day trial. But i cant activate it now either.. unless someone is willing to share the backup file as mentioned or another resolution

Tags
customers?, middlefinger