Active Topics

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
The N900 has a 6 out of 10 rating on my scale for indoor pictures. Most pictures I took ended up being fuzzy, overcompressed and grainy. At least red eye didn't seem to be a problem. Taking pictures with one hand is near impossible, because the slider either pops open ifI support the phone from the bottom with my thumb or if I support it from the back, the touch screen gets pushed.

Of course I knew that I should't expect more from the N900 in the camera department, I just wanted to inform people who would want to know the real thing and not sugar coated reviews: don't expect too much from the N900's camera.
hey mate, better buy this great cellphone device, bluetooth,18mpix camera controled by eyes, 800x600video,and really great productivity applications and works like an ipad... worth every $$$!! ALL IS PERFECT!
http://unmediated.org/images/20050316_eyemaxphonecam.jpg

I have to say, after playing around with the camera for a few months that I've started to warm up to it.

As long as you have sufficient lighting so that you don't get any sensor noise or that damn blue tint from the chrome, then the images are really nice.

I don't think I've ever seen a mobile camera that can get so sharp close-up pictures.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ossman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
You do know that there is a photo thread documenting photos taken by the N900, many of them are of acceptable quality. I don't quite agree that the camera is trash but to each is own.
The photo quality is OK i am happy with it but the point of the post I agree with is - it is no camera replacement. I was hoping i could use it as a family camera and well you can but it is slow and impractical and doesn't meet expectations - the flash too is quite bad.

When was this phone ever previewed or reviewed as a camera replacement? I wish the camera was better but at the same time I was not disappointed as I had read thru a good few previews back in December when I got mine. I did not set my expectations too high.

I think those looking for a camera phone that has above average picture quality need to look elsewhere.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Who has ever chosen their cell phone camera as the primary one?

How about a thread titled "Your N900 just won't do it for shooting

Or "Electron microscope? FAIL N900!"

Oh and while it aint a primary camera replacement this thread clearly shows that it can take some half decent photos once there is proper lighting...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...837#post630837

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
You do know that there is a photo thread documenting photos taken by the N900, many of them are of acceptable quality. I don't quite agree that the camera is trash but to each is own.
I used N900 to take many pictures and posted on facebook and have impressed my friends many times.

Don't bother with the flash which will only upset the exposure and white balance, I always have the flash off. With a steady hand and non-moving objects, it can still take good pictures under not-too-low light.

I've compared pictures with Motorola Droid personally under different situations, N900 won hands down.

The N900 is the only carrying around "camera" I use and it serves me very well, the only other camera I have is Nikon D300s which of course I can't carry that in my pocket.

Tags
n900 sux as x-mas camera