Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by Shady 91' View Post
i would see you with a text of miles phrases
Scolling a large amount of text is something what should be solved in the GUI-framework. In fremantle you normally can accelerate the scroll speed if you scroll kinetic with your finger very fast a few times successively. I noticed it in my contact list which is very long. Maybe this works here too?

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
https://bugs.maemo.org/post_bug.cgi

I was right?
Hmm, well... You filed the bug about the categories (aka notebooks) and that bug already exists, so I've marked it as duplicate. Anyways, you are now subscribed to this bug and you'll receive updates, once I start working on it.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9623

i would see you with a text of miles phrases
Thanks for the screenshot, but I also think this wastes too much screen space. I'd rather split really long notes into several parts and link them together.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
hi, I would like to sync Tomboy and Conboy Notes with Grsync. I'm trying now connecting n900 to my Ubuntu machine in USB storage mode. I successfully locataed Tomboy and Conboy folders. Unfortunately, I can't browse to Conboy folder from my pc. I mean, when I click on N900 I'm in MyDocs directory. How can I go to Conboy folder?

Thanks a lot!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
Originally Posted by elris View Post
hi, I would like to sync Tomboy and Conboy Notes with Grsync. I'm trying now connecting n900 to my Ubuntu machine in USB storage mode. I successfully locataed Tomboy and Conboy folders. Unfortunately, I can't browse to Conboy folder from my pc. I mean, when I click on N900 I'm in MyDocs directory. How can I go to Conboy folder?

Thanks a lot!
If I understand you correctly you found the conboy folder on your n900 but when you access your n900 via USB with your ubuntu rig you cannot find the folder? On the n8x0 conboy notes are kept in /home/user/.conboy I imagine the n900 is similar in setup. I have not used usb storage mode in a long time so I'm not sure if it mounts /home/user/MyDocs/ as root instead of /. If so that would make it hard to get to the conboy notes folder.

What I did before using conboy's excellent Ubuntu one sync is rsync over a ssh to sync up my tomboy and conboy directories. You can install the openssh server on your n900 and sync that way over the network (much more convenient than usb storage mode IMO).

However, since you are using ubuntu I suggest you give the built in sync in conboy to sync your ubuntu box and n900 notes via ubuntu one. If you need setup help for this let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to salinmooch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Hi conny,

I saw the new version:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...onboy/0.6.3.8/
in extras-devel. Do you have a changelog or can tell me what is new in this version?

Thank you very much,
Uwe

Me on twitter

Originally Posted by jukey View Post
Hi conny,

I saw the new version:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...onboy/0.6.3.8/
in extras-devel. Do you have a changelog or can tell me what is new in this version?

Thank you very much,
Uwe
I've rewritten a lot of code regarding bullet list editing to minimize the chance of corrupted notes (hopefully). You should notice that, when selecting and deleting or overwriting parts of bullet-text and/or normal text. Or like pressing Backspace directly before or after a bullet etc...

Nothing very exiting, but things that have been on my list for just too long

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Speaking of corrupted files...

I frequently sync with one.ubuntu.com/Tomboy.

Yesterday, prior to the new Conboy update, I sync'd and got the message indicating that the Conboy version of a specific note was older than the one on the server (one.ubuntu), but no remedy was offered as is with Tomboy, wherein one can rename the local note so there is no conflict.

Long story short: I ended up with two notes, the original and a new version. Problem is that this new version on Conboy was corrrectly formatted, except all text was blue and any attempty to edit any text crashed it when tapping into the text.

Nothing like this ever hapened before. I realize that Conboy sync is still alpha and weird stuff is posible. I fixed the note through Tomboy and re-syncing, but... any thoughts?

Originally Posted by salinmooch View Post
...I suggest you give the built in sync in conboy to sync your ubuntu box and n900 notes via ubuntu one. If you need setup help for this let me know.
I would like help with this. If the details are already in this or the other thread, I've missed thim.

[QUOTE=conny;567495]@etuoyo: You can look inside the folder /home/user/.conboy and see if you can find your note there. However, if Conboy does not pick it up, itīs very unlikely that you find something there.

Hi I have looked in the Conboy folder and found my note that disappeared when I had a random restart. However, I don't know how to get it back into Conboy. Any ideas? I have copied it to My Docs and tried opening with Conboy but that doesn't work. When I tap the file and select open with Conboy it just opens the most recent file. I have opened with Notes and that works so I guess I can get rid of all the coding, etc and do copy and paste into a new Conboy note but that is a rather long solution.

Tags
conboy, grauphel