Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
People bring up iPhone in response to "there aren't enough apps" because that's a fad that Apple created with the success of the iPhone. Discussing the need for some functionality or another is one thing but saying "there aren't enough apps" is silly. I'm sure every iPhone user has 100,000 apps on their phone...
Yes and there is an app for that

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I think for some ppl these days it's better to create some app to explain your point .

Same way as Windows make us "Tech disabled", Apple doing it by applications hmm... what rubbish next? We should really learn from the past, and if you want freedom in tech world give them chance.
Decade ago you didn't and linux failed. Great, stable and robust OS failed because was free? No because somebody wanted you to get use to to other solutions!

I agree, quality of applications are not the hi-end because this guys here wasting their own time to make you happy to at the end of the day hear from you how bad you app is. Nobody is paying for his hard job. The only reward is his own satisfaction. Imagine how hard is to deliver good quality app in this conditions.

After hmm... 15 years of my observation and strong stand to defend any kind of freedom on the web I'm beginning to believe that people as individuals are smart one better than another, but as whole group we are bunch of *****s, and maybe it's better to make them pay for your job anyway by brute force, you can get some money, stop care that you removing your own heart every day for free and receive couple of back stabs every day...

If we are so stupid as customers/users is Open Source really can survive? In terms of comparable quality of software to the commercial world? Or maybe term Open Source is no longer we know from the past?
It's just kind of fashion and still controlled by tech corps?

Sorry.. it's seems to be off top

Last edited by devu; 2010-04-30 at 20:16.

Originally Posted by bhailog View Post
i am very disappointed with the N900...

i still donot understand why it does not have any quality programs..most of the programs are just silly...in fact embarassing for a $400 phone...

also, any criticism about N900 is not taken positively...most of the N900 fanboys start assuming that person posting the comment is an Apple user...which I am not...I dont own apple products...but this just goes to show the insecurity of N900

I feel stuck with this phone...I cant make video calls n much more that i though i would be able to do with it...

also, everything about this phone is "in the works" or "you have to install xxx and do yyy and do zzz" to do a basic task...

a $400 phone with no development support..i would never fall for this nokia hype again.
wow, you really think most of the programs/apps for the n900 are silly? sorry you feel that way. here are a few of my fav maybe you will like them too.

Transmission(fast torrent downloader, downloads through videos, music and even movies quickly). petrovich(file sharing app. including bluetooth), FMTX(fm transmitter to play music through your car speakers) Sygic (voice guided navigation), I'll stop cause i will be here all day, just wanted to give you som options to see there are some very good apps out there

I do agre with you about this site though. it can be a lil one sided @ times but you cant let those few get to ya. who cares? right? plus you gotta remember. you cant go to rome and then complain that the Colosseum was a waste of man hours and money.

They dropped the ball on video calls. Could have been worse.

I totally dig ya on the fact that it seems like in order to get things done on this phone you have to do so much. download this package. find that package. search through hundreds of posts to find this answer. u just coem to expect certain things from a smart phone especially from nokia and especially @ a 700 dollar price point. I knwo it sucks that when you ask a question on here (which i thought is where you could go for answers some smart *** tells you too do a little research.

but hey this is what we have to deal with. change starts with you. lead by example. post by example. if you dont repsond to the sarcasm and dumb stuff then those folks usually tend to die down.

So dont fall for the hype next time and do your research. the phone was to expensive to buy with out researching. and if you got money like that to blow then you wouldnt care about its shortcomings.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
[QUOTE=andraeseus1;635853]wow, you really think most of the programs/apps for the n900 are silly? sorry you feel that way. here are a few of my fav maybe you will like them too.

Transmission(fast torrent downloader, downloads through videos, music and even movies quickly). petrovich(file sharing app. including bluetooth), FMTX(fm transmitter to play music through your car speakers) Sygic (voice guided navigation), I'll stop cause i will be here all day, just wanted to give you som options to see there are some very good apps out there

I do agre with you about this site though. it can be a lil one sided @ times but you cant let those few get to ya. who cares? right? plus you gotta remember. you cant go to rome and then complain that the Colosseum was a waste of man hours and money.

I totally dig ya on the fact that it seems like in order to get things done on this phone you have to do so much. download this package. find that package. search through hundreds of posts to find this answer. u just coem to expect certain things from a smart phone especially from nokia and especially @ a 700 dollar price point. I knwo it sucks that when you ask a question on here (which i thought is where you could go for answers some smart *** tells you too do a little research.

but hey this is what we have to deal with. change starts with you. lead by example. post by example. if you dont repsond to the sarcasm and dumb stuff then those folks usually tend to die down.

So dont fall for the hype next time and do your research. the phone was to expensive to buy with out researching. and if you got money like that to blow then you wouldnt care about its shortcomings.[/QU

Everytime i read the words "do your research" it makes me mad, how the heck can ANYONE do research properly EVEN if you ignore the hype, to reseach a device you got to have it in your very hands if you dont listen to the hype and just how do you get a N900 in your hands if you dont buy one ?.
The HYPE in this case was overwelming in a lot of ways because of the openess of the device and the people reviewing it.
How does anyone know the future ? how did anyone even guess that Nokia would let us all down like this? come on open our minds here and start to at least write fact not fiction.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I feel very soon that if Nokia dont do something for this N900 its going to explode into a massive war between NOKIA and us fools that bought the device.
Look at the threads on here now you will see many are people unhappy yes UNHAPPY.
I think now it IS time to start barking at Nokia.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oklahoma
"explode into a massive war"? A bit dramatic are we?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to injunear For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Class action warsuit?
What more could you do? Netwide boycott? (I thought that market is already cornered by engadget and gizmodo)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Despite the fact it took some time for me to get used to the touch world, coming from communicators ... the only thing, IMHO, that keeps this device to be the perfect one for ME it's the battery. I have the browser which is the best there is out there and VNC + xterm, that should do it for my daily use. Of course, I would LOVE the email and nokia messaging IF the battery could actually support it. Where is that "one day full of usage" ?

i get 2 days of moderate usage of the phone now

when I first got it it would run out of battery in about 24 hours but i was using it much more (as with every new "toy")

maybe I am lucky and got a good device as opposed to others

regardless battery life, the apps of this phone are much better than on any other I have seen

it may not have many apps, but the ones it has are unique or much easier to use due to the keyboard

it definitely has the best browser(s) on a mobile device of hat size

i can't understand why people say it is a dissapointment... what did they expect exactly? they don't quite say.

[QUOTE=abill_uk;635893]
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
wow, you really think most of the programs/apps for the n900 are silly? sorry you feel that way. here are a few of my fav maybe you will like them too.

So dont fall for the hype next time and do your research. the phone was to expensive to buy with out researching. and if you got money like that to blow then you wouldnt care about its shortcomings.[/QU

Everytime i read the words "do your research" it makes me mad, how the heck can ANYONE do research properly EVEN if you ignore the hype, to reseach a device you got to have it in your very hands if you dont listen to the hype and just how do you get a N900 in your hands if you dont buy one ?.
The HYPE in this case was overwelming in a lot of ways because of the openess of the device and the people reviewing it.
How does anyone know the future ? how did anyone even guess that Nokia would let us all down like this? come on open our minds here and start to at least write fact not fiction.

hype vs research.

HYPE
this phone is awesome. it has everything i am gonna go by it now

RESEARCH
Noticing that some stuff like mms was nvr advertised. then picking up a phone to call and verify.

HYPE
This is the new iphone killer!!!!!!! yaaaaay

RESEARCH
Compare the actual specs for both and see if it INDEED does trump the iphone in the areas that matter to u.

To b honest the lack of video calling was a dissapointent because i couldhave sworn i saw it advertised as a feature. i could b wrong thouh. also the costomer service reps are clueless. in fact i apparently know more abour nokia phones then t and THEY have an actual sceen to read stuff. they lied to me. they said phone has mms

aside from those two things everything else about this phone was forseen and expected for most part. no real suprises. 700 bucks is lot an did my research.

no company will u the cons they only tout the pros. the rest is u

Tags
bye-bye losers, disappointment, hello freedom, n900 != phone, relax