Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
Well you could try uninstalling Qtirreco and also delete the file of that name in MyDocs, then reboot. Install Qtirreco from scratch again and add all the remotes. I fear though that the Qtirreco in extras-devel only works with qt 4.6 or PR 1.2 as updating it is impossible at the moment! (someone put me right if i'm wrong here) ....so unless you can download a previous .deb for this you're stuck
For your information, the version in extras-testing works on PR1.1.1. Just don't enable extras-devel.

hey guys,
ive tried qtirreco, but it doesnt work.
TRIED irreco-for-n900!
it worked for a bit a LONG time ago,(3 months) and then suddenly it stopped working!
theres this crashing problem.
once i open the app, it crashes after 1 second.
seems to just keep crashing when i open the app.
i had deleted the WHOLE irreco folder a while ago, and it didnt work after that.
ive even reflashed my phone, and still no success with the app.
can some one help me download the irreco FOLDER so i can manually put it in my phone?or is there any other way to get irreco running?
ive tried:
sudo gainroot
apt-get purge lirc
apt-get purge qtirreco

and manually uninstalled irreco-for-n900 through the application manager and reinstalled.
ive even tried
rm /etc/lirc/lirc.conf
rm /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
and reinstalled.
now the backend error pops up again (funny though, since its a normal error, and i was happy to see it.)

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/22/how...our-n900/#menu

is the link to fix the backend socket error.
when i try
etc/init.d/lirc start
it says "lirc : not found"

no luck again !
PLEASE TELL ME THE COMMANDS TO COMPLLLLLLLLETELY REMOVE ANY TRACE OF IRRECO AND LIRC OUT OF MY PHONE.COMPLETEELY!!!
quite frustrated ..
it just keeps crashing.
please help for a fix for all this..
IT WORKED ONCE BEFORE ON MY XBOX 360!!Then something happened !(thats when i deleted my folder.dumb move i guess)
AND something for qtirreco too!(an older version for download etc.)
i have the same problem as nirpe. the problem where it shows "manufacturers:" and a blank black screen.
cant download any db's since there are none on the screen!!
please help!!im dying to show this off to my crapple i phone friends who think their fone's the best!!

Can Anyone Make A remote control that works with all types of tv,dvd etc etc ??? UNIVERSAL REMOTE u can say!!

cuz i have a videocon lcd 27inch and there is no option for videocon

Originally Posted by mangal_sk8erboy View Post
hey guys,
ive tried qtirreco, but it doesnt work.
TRIED irreco-for-n900!
it worked for a bit a LONG time ago,(3 months) and then suddenly it stopped working!
theres this crashing problem.
once i open the app, it crashes after 1 second.
seems to just keep crashing when i open the app.
i had deleted the WHOLE irreco folder a while ago, and it didnt work after that.
ive even reflashed my phone, and still no success with the app.
can some one help me download the irreco FOLDER so i can manually put it in my phone?or is there any other way to get irreco running?
ive tried:
sudo gainroot
apt-get purge lirc
apt-get purge qtirreco

and manually uninstalled irreco-for-n900 through the application manager and reinstalled.
ive even tried
rm /etc/lirc/lirc.conf
rm /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
and reinstalled.
now the backend error pops up again (funny though, since its a normal error, and i was happy to see it.)

http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/22/how...our-n900/#menu

is the link to fix the backend socket error.
when i try
etc/init.d/lirc start
it says "lirc : not found"

no luck again !
PLEASE TELL ME THE COMMANDS TO COMPLLLLLLLLETELY REMOVE ANY TRACE OF IRRECO AND LIRC OUT OF MY PHONE.COMPLETEELY!!!
quite frustrated ..
it just keeps crashing.
please help for a fix for all this..
IT WORKED ONCE BEFORE ON MY XBOX 360!!Then something happened !(thats when i deleted my folder.dumb move i guess)
AND something for qtirreco too!(an older version for download etc.)
i have the same problem as nirpe. the problem where it shows "manufacturers:" and a blank black screen.
cant download any db's since there are none on the screen!!
please help!!im dying to show this off to my crapple i phone friends who think their fone's the best!!
Probably you meant the same problem as me, not nirpe

Well, I am waiting for PR1.2 to test the new Qtirreco with Qt4.6. I don't want to use the leaked PR.

So if it doesn't work and the app developer doesn't want to help, I'll go back to irreco
For now, I have some hope in PR1.2 being released some time this month.

Hello everyone, tried to follow the post but didn't see someone with the solution i had on my problems.
In my case the config files where messed up after installing Qtirreco from the repos.
/var/log/lircd gave most of the hints.
The following was my solution (with model BN59-00609A as my example), although I am not sure if it was my messup in the first place.

step 1:
clear /etc/lircd.conf with any lines you don't need. In my case I was left with:
Code:
include "/home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/BN59-00609A"
step 2:
Code:
 cp /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/BN59-00609A /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Remotes/BN59-00609A.conf
The above will copy the configuration file of the remote it to the correct folder and add the .conf at the end.
Still confusing since lircd.conf points to /Devices folder, but it worked for me.

Restart qtirreco for the lircd to rehash, and that was it.

Originally Posted by zlimvos View Post
Hello everyone, tried to follow the post but didn't see someone with the solution i had on my problems.
In my case the config files where messed up after installing Qtirreco from the repos.
/var/log/lircd gave most of the hints.
The following was my solution (with model BN59-00609A as my example), although I am not sure if it was my messup in the first place.

step 1:
clear /etc/lircd.conf with any lines you don't need. In my case I was left with:
Code:
include "/home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/BN59-00609A"
step 2:
Code:
 cp /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/BN59-00609A /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Remotes/BN59-00609A.conf
The above will copy the configuration file of the remote it to the correct folder and add the .conf at the end.
Still confusing since lircd.conf points to /Devices folder, but it worked for me.

Restart qtirreco for the lircd to rehash, and that was it.

you just got the remote by typing it down on lircd.conf?
have u tried using irreco-for-900?
does that work for u?
or does it keep crashing?
im having a huge problem with mine..it keeps closing after 2 SECONDS!

Originally Posted by ChadiM View Post
Probably you meant the same problem as me, not nirpe

Well, I am waiting for PR1.2 to test the new Qtirreco with Qt4.6. I don't want to use the leaked PR.

So if it doesn't work and the app developer doesn't want to help, I'll go back to irreco
For now, I have some hope in PR1.2 being released some time this month.
hey i think ive found my problem
whenever ive installed irreco-for-n900 on my phone, the files dont show on the phone..(i.e irreco folder)
can you be so kind and upload the whole folder here or compress it and send them to me at mangalsuvarnan@gmail.com please?
i would love you to death!

I have another problem:
Every time I press one of the remote's buttons, the following error message pops up:
"Socket connection with lirc failed! Please try reopening software."

Well I reopened, rebootet and reinstalled, nothing could help.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by ChadiM View Post
Same. It also doesn't do anything. (Screenshot 1)

Same for Themes: when I tap Database, is says: Loading themes on database... and remains stuck this way. (Screenshot 2)

I have waited for so long, like 30 mins, and I have a 512k internet connection, that shouldn't be an issue.
i have the exact same problem.(looking at the pictures.)
help?

Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
Hi guys.

Just for your information.

I noticed this with my friends phone:
After update IR led stopped sending signal. I checked /etc/lircd.conf and found out alot of useles remotes. After clearing those everything works like before..

To ChadiM:
Do you have possibility to try it with different connection?
how did u remove those useless remotes?
and how can i get a proper lirc.conf?
i have the same problem as chadim

Tags
irreco, qtirreco