Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I don't understand. What exactly is the problem?

Firefox x86 does exactly what MicroB does AFAICT. Yes it pops a new email page, but so what, close the email client. The page proceeds as normal after an excruciatingly long time.

Where exactly do you wish to go? Also, what damned difference platform does the fact that there's an exe there? The exe runs server side, it's probably an IIS or a modded Apache.

Anyhow, both MicroB and Firefox 3.6.3 for Windows show the exact thing. Logo page, welcome. Click the button, it proceeds to the index_new with the looping jets.

The exe link above works just fine, down to the animation in the text, allowing me to login.

If your original problem stands, as in, on the initial page clicking check in doesn't work, it works for me.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
it works for me... change the user agent
Attached Images

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
it works for me... change the user agent
Mine works with no changes. Am I missing something (did you not get the email prompt)?

Yes. Probably it is me and my english that brought you in the wrong way.

This is the login page where I can log in: http://aims.etihad.ae/wtouch/wtouch.exe

Then.... you need to enter username and pass to get in and this work fine for me..

At that point... it load the page with all services I need to use and when it load it get stuck!

So please forget about all pages you are going (AIMS web page was just to let you know who is the service provider I do not use the AIMS portal!!)

Hope this help.
If there is any software I can use to track all the log data exchange between my laptop pc and the AIMS server please let me know so I can install it and send here the log.
I can't give you an username and password since this is strictly confidential as you may well understand.
I'm gonna ask AIMS to create a "fake" user ID and Pass to testing purpose only. I hope they can set it up one for me.

Firefox has Live HTTP Headers, very cool.

For N900, you're down to Wireshark, which isn't bad at all, if a bit complex. Still, dump connection, import to PC, watch. Wireshark, IIRC, wuns on Linux desktop, N900 and Windows PC, so comparison should be straight-up.

As far as I understand this, we can't really test anything. In that case, the only explanation I see is that the site treats user agent differently, since basically using Firefox for N900 (Fennec) gets you pretty much the same results, also, MicroB is by far the best browsing experience this side of a PC in terms of actually having stuff running.

I'm not sure what you want from the forums, the problem seems server-side. If someone only serves pages the same way for PCs and custom for IPhone then you need to get yourself a user agent changer or an exempt from the site makers.

Alternately, you could set up a proxy with an anonymizer. That should fix the blasted site. Or write your own, on a PC, and connect to the PC. The PC will authenticate you and relay pages back and forth. Bit of a case of long way around though.