Active Topics

Is it just me or what, ive been getting this message when trying to update via app manager:

"To update your device to this version of the operating system yo umust use the Nokia Software update application on your PC. Connect the device to your PC via a USB cable and launch the application."

Any tips?

I was getting the same error, uninstalled brainparty, tuxrace, gltron, teeworlds and it's working now...

@Duff
That means you don't have enough rootfs space to do the installation via the phone. OR try uninstalling the apps mentioned in the post before this one. Goodluck

Mine works fine with around 46mb...after downloading, it gives me at "operation failed" message and the phone kinda froze...I watch for a minute, reboot my phone...at the Nokia white screen, it continues to install...all is fine again...LOL

mine went through with just under 52mb. now im at 74mb of rootfs

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
Some people have been having trouble doing OTA updates with the following apps installed.Try removing them and then installing after:

gltron
tux racer
teeworld
brainparty
freeoffice
openarena
countdowntimer
wikihow
It does appear that certain apps are causing problems.

Brainparty was one of the apps I removed before it started working for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Davey101 For This Useful Post:
uninstalled tuxracer and ota worked

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
40 worked just fine for me this morning!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Had 54 and didn't work. Apt-get remove brainparty, followed by an apt-get autoremove fixed it, even if overall root gained under 400K tops.

Upgrading now...

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
52 free worked for me. but damn, the download was slow here down under. all in all the phone was out of action for 2 hours or so. btw. also got the quick error message while updating.

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
Some people have been having trouble doing OTA updates with the following apps installed.Try removing them and then installing after:

gltron
tux racer
teeworld
brainparty
freeoffice
openarena
countdowntimer
wikihow
Confirmed. PR1.2 initially refused to install OTA despite having plenty of space free on / . I found this thread, and uninstalled gltron and brainparty, and then it consented to install OTA. (I started by just removing brainparty, but that alone didn't prove sufficient.)

So, any theory on why these particular packages misbehave?

Edit: according to this post by cpitchford, the issue arises due to dependencies on either WebKit or OpenGL-ES. I'd guess OpenGL-ES for gltron and brainparty, since I don't think either one uses WebKit.

Last edited by josh; 2010-05-26 at 15:25.