Active Topics

Or... Has anyone got any experience with this guide:
http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/01/11/...sets-all-data/

???

^ no

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ East Anglia
******** story.

you installed something, which did not go into place till the phone was restarted.

nokia do stress tests to all their devices. ponsy 40cm drop wouldent even tickle the device.

playing around with the kernels??
download my piece of software.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53693

then use the stock kernel flashing...

THIS CANT BE HARDWARE..

The Following User Says Thank You to weresaz For This Useful Post:
I wouldn't know what I installed... I've been playing with the app store for only 2 days.

Wouldn't even dare to play with kernels, just installed the massive OS upgrade (not the small kernel one).

What's the difference between your app and running:
Code:
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f
What does Nokia mean with "NOTE: Always flash the FIASCO image first, then the eMMC image immediately after that. Never boot up the device between flashing the FIASCO image and the eMMC image!"
When they don't really supply an image called FIASCO?

When some punk like me buys a phone that can break(ick) so easily, how come there's no fool proof way of hard-resetting?

Ow, and thanks for calling my perspective on life bullexcrement or something like that.

Originally Posted by tkteun View Post
I knew I wanted Siemens quality.
That's a joke, right?

When I worked in a mobile phone shop a few years ago we couldn't move for the amount of SL55s that were returned faulty, they were awful. Plus the screen was tiny and the keypad is so small it's practically unusable.

There's absolutely nothing to keep the battery in place,
Other than the back cover?

there's no protective cover for the lens (under the slider)
Other than the slider, you mean?

Usually I undress before I do that and like this time, I put my pants on my chair.
When I woke up the next morning, way too late for work, I wanted to check the bus schedule on my phone. To my surprise, my pants weren't on my chair anymore, but must have slid off and fell on the ground (a mere 40cm drop).
Fascinating.

Best phone I've ever had...
And you say this having owned an HTC Raphael? You want your head examining.

Last edited by bristoldave; 2010-05-27 at 14:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to bristoldave For This Useful Post:
To the OP. Just reflash the N900 one more time and then sell it. Trust me, it's not worth the trouble. And don't come to this forum thinking that you can get any advice. As soon as you say anything remotely negative about the device, even if it's legit, you're only gonna get crap.

Cut your losses now.

The Following User Says Thank You to techngro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by techngro View Post
To the OP. Just reflash the N900 one more time and then sell it. Trust me, it's not worth the trouble. And don't come to this forum thinking that you can get any advice. As soon as you say anything remotely negative about the device, even if it's legit, you're only gonna get crap.
I've only been on the forum for a few days but that's definitely not the impression I've got.

Come on, the OP was moaning the battery isn't held in by anything (uh...the back cover? - no different to any other phone I've seen on the market) and that the camera lens didn't have any protection (uh...other than the slider?).

Posting negative things about things you're having a problem with because you're frustrated is understandable, but the complaining about "missing" features that blatantly do exist (he even mentions "the slider" in his post, ffs) - the guy's clearly a bit special.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
My n900 has been completely submerged through part of a wash cycle in a washing machine and still works perfectly. I'm completely happy with the build quality.

Originally Posted by bristoldave View Post
I've only been on the forum for a few days but that's definitely not the impression I've got.

Come on, the OP was moaning the battery isn't held in by anything (uh...the back cover? - no different to any other phone I've seen on the market) and that the camera lens didn't have any protection (uh...other than the slider?).

Posting negative things about things you're having a problem with because you're frustrated is understandable, but the complaining about "missing" features that blatantly do exist (he even mentions "the slider" in his post, ffs) - the guy's clearly a bit special.
Well, if you did a little research, you would know that the slider is a KNOWN problem with the N900.

I saw some people talking about how the N900 was put through "stress tests". Right. That's why we had the USB port literally falling out of the device and sliders that went all wobbly on us. Who does Nokia's stress tests, BP?

Another fanboy bites the dust...

Originally Posted by techngro View Post
Well, if you did a little research, you would know that the slider is a KNOWN problem with the N900.
This doesn't excuse the fact that the OP was completely wrong about there being no protection for the lens - what does he call the sliding cover built into the back cover?

Tags
tl;dr