Active Topics

From what I understand the N900 has something like a "mainboard firmware" that is updated with some of the distro upgrades. I guess pulling the battery while this firmware is being flashed could truly brick the N900.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Bricking it to the functional level of a brick is pretty hard to do, but saying that messing the device (OS) up is VI, is a stretch beyond any known modulus of elasticity

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Botch your CMT MCSU and use flasher --disable-cmt-verify. See what happens.

The N900 has JTAG-ability, so the majority of all things CAN be fixed, you just need the proper hardware and software.
Can you please explain that in FULL so everyone knows what your talking about? because even i would love to know how you know Nokia made such a ballsup to leave prototype elements on a production pcb lol.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-05-27 at 16:08.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Can you please explain that in FULL so everyone knows what your talking about? because even i would love to know how you know Nokia made such a ballsup to leave prototype elements on a production pcb lol.
Actually I'm quite glad they left JTAG lands available, I'd be interested in actually running them out to a board and hooking it up to a BDI-2000. Makes debugging the kernel real easy.

After all this isn't your average, locked-down cellphone, now is it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Why would anyone want a complete step-by-step on how to totally and irreversibly break a device?

Cool factor?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
I am astonished to know any programmer that would deliberately kamikaze his N900 lol

This thread is going to get very interesting lol and as we are talking about high level language source code, you would need full source available to even access break points and as we are talking about progression here why would anyone want to burn bridges? This is pure speculation here unless its coming from the Nokia development team that worked on the prototype.

because even i would love to know how you know Nokia made such a ballsup to leave prototype elements on a production pcb lol.
Underneath your battery, next to the id sticker there are some odd little holes.

These aren't really for show or anything, you can connect something to these pads, probably with fancy pogo stick thingies. Just like the first xbox and almost every router in the world.

The only thing you need is $10 in DIY or a $2700 'professional' JTAG programmer (BDI-2000)

I specifically won't give any more information. The amount of stupid people on these forums is astonishing.

having JTAG is not a "ballsup" as you so eloquently put it. A LOT of consumer devices have contacts for JTAG. It's there for a purpose and 99% of the time, consumers don't know about it.

I can see why people have been bashing you. Dummy.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
Now that there was funny, given my age i think i just peed my pants