Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
I have read the wiki about 100 times now and make no mistake i will follow it to the letter.

I am using Win 7 but not sure if it is 32 or 64 bit. Will try and find out which one ive got before i attempt anything.

Only thing i'm unsure about in the wiki is this..

6. Change the directory to the Flasher's path (TIP: Use the TAB key to auto-complete the commands and file-names)

cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"

1. Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time (see the Flasher documentation)
2. Run the following command:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

After i enter each of those commands in do i have to hit enter? Also are the %'s supposed to be in there as well?

*EDIT* I'll be attempting to use the command line process over the NSU because i will be unable to connect to the interwebs while i am flashing my N900. (My N900 is my sole internet connection at home!)
So how are you going to donload flasher and the firmware version?

Assuming whever method you are using that you will then be saving the flasher and firmware files on your PC.

Here is a beginner guide that expands a bit on the wiki:-
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...i+flasher+n900

one commun mistake is that people do not turn off their N900 before they press the U botton and connect the USB cable (I made that mistake first time, does no harm though)

flashing will either work or not if it doesnt flash you wont do any harm, and it only takes like 15-20mins

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i flashed yesterday using NSU
much easier than maemo flasher

i will try this soon or when 1.2. is out

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
If you got it from them then it will have their firmware. There might be a Vodafone live icon too
Well it matters not now as i bricked my phone oc'ing it so i am going to flash to the global firmware, once i have the global will i get pr1.2 in my app manager when it is released even if vodafone decide to hold it back?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
Well it matters not now as i bricked my phone oc'ing it so i am going to flash to the global firmware, once i have the global will i get pr1.2 in my app manager when it is released even if vodafone decide to hold it back?
Yep, you'll get the update as soon as Nokia make it available.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
Ok. Now I am really confused.

My N900 says Version 3.2010.02-8.203.1
I did not get my phone direct from Vodaphone but via esave I think. Either way it was not diret from VF so is that the latest Global Firmware or do I need to flash???

Vodafone is now alowing firmware update. Got the notification through on my phone this morning :^)

I asked them the day 1.2 came out and they said they would be getting the update within a couple of days. I didnt beleive them so flashed the device. Im sure this was some weeks ago now. Vodafone are terrible im really not impressed with their service