Active Topics

Any news on this? Is it possible to keep indexing the .mp3 files from a certain folder but not the .jpeg (or whatever the extension is) album arts from the very same folder (or subfolders)?

i want this as well...bt fr a lil diffrnt implementation.
since ive installed sygic mobile maps...thre are so many audio files tht have come up in my media player...named "beep" etc...its ruining my music experience..
smeway tht i could choose a single folder for the media player to check for music files!

Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
i want this as well...bt fr a lil diffrnt implementation.
since ive installed sygic mobile maps...thre are so many audio files tht have come up in my media player...named "beep" etc...its ruining my music experience..
smeway tht i could choose a single folder for the media player to check for music files!
You can do that by using the already mentioned tracker-cfg application and adding Sygic folders to the NoWatchDirectory section.
Those would be /home/user/MyDocs/Drive and /home/user/MyDocs/Res.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
It's a little easier than that, just rename the file/folder you want to start with a '.' (not .images or .videos), and it's hidden from the OS and the file manager.

For hidden items I simply have a script that renames all the files in a folder, it adds a underscore to the end so that the media player does not pick them up - canola and SIB pick up files even if they are under dot-folders.
hey thats a good solution....

so there is a script that helps to view the hidden files?

can u xplain about it????how much code of lines are there??
i'm not a linux guy by the way