i bet they will only charge the people who are not aware of the possibility of terminating the contract...

I've been hammering my data all month but have only had 3 texts saying Im over my 500mb, no mention of charging (yet!)

Im pretty sure I downloaded way over 500Mb this month. I just did 525Mb this morning lol.

NO TEXT ALL MONTH... Hmmmm

So you go over your limit. Vodafone dont tell you about it, and then they will charge you! LOL.

Dont you just love it.

Well 5 text this month. So far on about 2gb download. I rang vodafone and they said as soon as I get a text stating I am going to be charged I have a case against them.
At the same time I queries when I could downgrade my 18 month tariff. They said I could not as now stopped this. Anyway - I said to the women I had been told I could after month 9th - she added to my notes I could.
Going to download some more tonight

just got this months bill in. i used 2 gb of data. no charge.
i got 3 texts during the month and was sweating it a bit.

I had 1 text ages ago saying I'd gone over, no mention of charging. I text back STOP and haven't seen any alerts since.

They certainly cannot charge me if they don't inform me first! All my bills have been normal so I'll keep using as I see fit.
Mar ~3GB
Apr ~2GB
May ~2GB
Jun ~1.5GB

Im pretty sure I did over 2Gb this month, and no texts all month lol

I queried this with vodafone and there reply ref the text message is:

I certainly understand how important it is for you to receive the update of the current status of your account.

I would like to tell you that you will receive a text alert at 150%, 200% and 250% of your data usage to you that you've exceeded your allowance.
And price plan / bundle with a higher data allowance might be more suitable.
If you continue to break their allowance we’ll let you know that we’re monitoring your data usage and ask you to choose one of the following options:
Upgrade to a higher data bundle or Upgrade to a tethering bundle.

If you're persistently exceed your allowance will be alerted by the credit team that you’ll need to pay over next month at published rates of::

£5 per 500mb for bundle customers

50p per 25MB for non-bundle customers

Trust the above information helps.

Nothing new here, but I didnt get any texts lol

im thinking with the number of people that have said they would cancel they have probably decided to only charge those that go stupidly over. Lets face it on the grand scheme of things even 2 gig isnt that much to them. It would make more business sense to keep you as a customer

Tags
vodafone con