Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
it seems ready to be promoted to Extras. when that will be???
I've noticed it, and I'm glad
But I think the actual version isn't too good for extras.
I have a new quite ready version, with some fix and more features (as requested), maybe it will be fine enough for extras

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
I've noticed it, and I'm glad
But I think the actual version isn't too good for extras.
I have a new quite ready version, with some fix and more features (as requested), maybe it will be fine enough for extras
Good news bro,
wish u all the best & looking forward for ur version soooooooooooooon.

Hello,

finally I've just uploaded a new version (0.5) on extras-testing :
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ck-launch/0.5/

The major improvements are :
* possibility to launch a small dialog through the power key or the camera shutter
* possibility to "run command" (on the dialog)
* possibility to clear slots

Test&Vote

Best Regards,
Daniele Maio.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Can we have two rows? Like 8 applications?
Thanks BTW for simple but yet great app!

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I like the new update, going to vote now.

Thanks,
Fred

Edited in: I did just vote but afterwards noted that quicklaunch no longer shows up on dashboard pull-down, is that intended behavior?

Last edited by ffarber; 2010-07-20 at 14:27.

Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post
Can we have two rows? Like 8 applications?
Thanks BTW for simple but yet great app!

I've already discussed the idea to have two rows sometime ago here. At the moment I've decided to abandon this idea, because I didn't found any valid workaround, sorry.

Can we have 8 slots for the new powerbutton dialog then? We'll have a full on app launcher then! Already it is a very useful item in full screen applications (namely the browser) as I can call up terminal or leafpad (which I use as an editable clipboard) at a moment's notice.

As for the powerbutton dialog, the terminal input seems to be pushable to the side. Either that or a 6 slots and a small clock (for quick glances at the time in full screen applications).

And IMHO it would look better without the "quick bar" titlebar, but that's probably just me.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-07-20 at 17:25.

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Can we have 8 slots for the new powerbutton dialog then? We'll have a full on app launcher then! Already it is a very useful item in full screen applications (namely the browser) as I can call up terminal or leafpad (which I use as an editable clipboard) at a moment's notice.

As for the powerbutton dialog, the terminal input seems to be pushable to the side. Either that or a 6 slots and a small clock (for quick glances at the time in full screen applications).

And IMHO it would look better without the "quick bar" titlebar, but that's probably just me.
Yes, the dialog can be modified in many way
I can add 8 slots.
But (I suppose) I can also add a list with all the installed apps so that you can choose the one you want.
I will dig on it.

when we will see this great application in Extras???

Hmm nice, but a list = the stock Maemo launcher/main menu already does this well enough IMHO (even more so when bound to a key shortcut like I do).

I'd rather a full bar of buttons + small time date display (with NO terminal entry button) myself, as I can put shortcuts to apps or scripts to quickly do a whole plethora of things.

But again that's just me. A user configurable bar would be killer though.

Also, an idea to consider: how about 4 buttons and a search bar? One that automatically searches through your applications (ala Quicksilver/Launchy/Vista start searchbox), or searches google if no apps matching the word entered is found - or enters a terminal command if you append a "tc" in front of the text you're entering.

It's a long stretch I know, but felt like sharing the idea. It'll be like an OS awesomebar lol.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-07-20 at 17:55.