Active Topics

Notices

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
tags here are..
'get an iphone, pointless wait'
so for a few $ map pack, u should buy an iphone?
sure.. makes sense :|

Just bought Level 2 & 3 with same credit card and no issue. Smooth like every time..

Cheers

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Now im gonna get round to downloading then

But why do we have to pay an extra 1.50 a time when the iphone extra packs have been free.

I get the Original pack.
The Extra development cost, and the lower user base of the Nokia means a dearer price.. cool, make sence if annoying

but theres a development cost of extra levels , but this cost isnt passed on in form of payment for extra levels to iphone users.

Ive long though it odd the Rovio gave the extra packs away on the iphone for free, but thats up to them. and i would have understood the dearer cost per pack for the nokia had the charged for the iphone.

but it looks like were paying for the development of new levels and thus subsadising the release of the same iphone levels.

i know having seen them the extra levels are worth the cost. but i feel ripped off.

hi just wanted to know if i get a new n900 is there anyway for me transfer the game data to the new n900 from the old 1 and all other games?? thanks in advance

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by chok View Post
hi just wanted to know if i get a new n900 is there anyway for me transfer the game data to the new n900 from the old 1 and all other games?? thanks in advance
Please use the search option next time.. Here's what you need to know.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=184

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Please use the search option next time.. Here's what you need to know.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=184
thanks for replying, was going to search but didnt know what to type, and i tried getting to that folder through mass storage but couldnt find it, could you please tell me how to or is there another way to backup all games data?

Already seen the packs being shared on other sites

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
HM getting a 'download corrupt' when I try and download pack 3 . Anyone know whats going on? I've already tired to download twice anyone know if they enforce this limit?

Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
Now im gonna get round to downloading then

But why do we have to pay an extra 1.50 a time when the iphone extra packs have been free.

I get the Original pack.
The Extra development cost, and the lower user base of the Nokia means a dearer price.. cool, make sence if annoying

but theres a development cost of extra levels , but this cost isnt passed on in form of payment for extra levels to iphone users.

Ive long though it odd the Rovio gave the extra packs away on the iphone for free, but thats up to them. and i would have understood the dearer cost per pack for the nokia had the charged for the iphone.

but it looks like were paying for the development of new levels and thus subsadising the release of the same iphone levels.

i know having seen them the extra levels are worth the cost. but i feel ripped off.
Because when Rovio updates Angry Birds with new levels on the App Store they stay in the Top 25 rankings longer. Which increases their visibility making it more likely that new users will buy the game. And the people who already own the game will tell their friends about the games and promote it for them.

Basically their strategy on the iPhone is to keep getting new people to buy Angry Birds.

While on the N900 it's inverted. Get people to play Angry Birds and then buy the additional level packs if they want.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I have downloaded Angry Birds pack 2, but it won't install as I need Angry Birds update 1.3.4. Since I have not received an update link via SMS and cannot see this application in my Apllication Manager, how do I actually update the App? I tried to re-install but I just get "Angry Birds already installed".
If I do manage to update, how do I install Level Pack 2, which is also not shown in App Manager - can I download from Ovi Store again, or will I have to pay again first?
Thanks.

Tags
get an iphone, iphone, pointless wait