Active Topics

Originally Posted by mu-min_83 View Post
FINALLY....Here is the highly anticipated device we've been waiting for...

http://www.mobile-users.net/2010/07/...-photo-inside/

Nokia NX0 Rumoured Specs:

* MeeGo OS
* 800 MHz Dual-Core Qualcomm processor
* 1GB RAM (1GB physical versus 256MB physical + 768MB virtual in the N900)
* 8MP camera, Carl Zeiss Optics, Dual LED flash
* 720p HD Video Recording & Playback
* 4.0″ AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 800 x 480 pixels
* 4-Row Hardware QWERTY keyboard
* 17mm thin (a little under twice as thick as the Apple iPhone 4).
UPDATE: The post on the website has been deleted, it must have been due to all the negative comments they got (fully deserved).

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
I personally don't understand why people keep complaining about the phone having "STILL" a 800x480 screen. At 4" this resolution is STILL very good, in fact the DPI is higher than a 24" 1920x1200 widescreen monitor.
And if you're thinking "yah but iphone=960x640 zomg much better so this suxx!!!!oneone" then you should know that past a certain DPI your eye can't distinguish the increased pixel density (sharpness) anymore.
800x480 is great and so is the dual-core CPU. If this turns out to be true, it will be an excellent device.

To nirave: your apologies are not accepted. People who lie, cheat and mislead are the lowest in my book.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giecsar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
1. Most normal people in Europe are asleep now (we like Linux, so we are not part of the normal category anyway)

2. You'll have to wait for Medfield for any Intel action to be *considered* at all, Moorestown is good for tablets at best

3. Somebody seems to have removed the page quickly. But not quickly enough. http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...-photo-inside/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nirave View Post
Okay so I've been slated for posting it.

I'll admit i overhyped it and didn't make it clear from the beginning it was specs and xml as opposed to a leak.

Etc etc etc.

Post has been taken down now.

And just for future reference; the reason I haven't been on here is because I sold my N900 and being a relative linux newbie had nothing to really offer this site so I stopped posting here.

Thanks.
You should have made it very clear at beginning.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
If you have any feedback to Nokia designers get them to up the screen res!

Originally Posted by giecsar View Post
I personally don't understand why people keep complaining about the phone having "STILL" a 800x480 screen. At 4" this resolution is STILL very good, in fact the DPI is higher than a 24" 1920x1200 widescreen monitor.
And if you're thinking "yah but iphone=960x640 zomg much better so this suxx!!!!oneone" then you should know that past a certain DPI your eye can't distinguish the increased pixel density (sharpness) anymore.
800x480 is great and so is the dual-core CPU. If this turns out to be true, it will be an excellent device.

To nirave: your apologies are not accepted. People who lie, cheat and mislead are the lowest in my book.
The intention was not to cheat or mislead anyone; a simple mistake hence I attempted to correct in on Twitter prior to actually posting by saying concept, specs & xml.

Furthermore, I've actually come on here to make an apology to the 200 people who were viewing this page; the intention was never to cheat or do those things, it was merely said in the wrong way and I attempted to correct my mistake.

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirave For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
1. Most normal people in Europe are asleep now (we like Linux, so we are not part of the normal category anyway)

2. You'll have to wait for Medfield for any Intel action to be *considered* at all, Moorestown is good for tablets at best

3. Somebody seems to have removed the page quickly. But not quickly enough. http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...-photo-inside/
Yes, it's been taken down, not due to negative comments but in hindsight it should never have been hyped like it was; once again, a simple mistake that has been taken way out of proportion of the way it was intended.

Originally Posted by nirave View Post
The intention was not to cheat or mislead anyone; a simple mistake hence I attempted to correct in on Twitter prior to actually posting by saying concept, specs & xml.

Furthermore, I've actually come on here to make an apology to the 200 people who were viewing this page; the intention was never to cheat or do those things, it was merely said in the wrong way and I attempted to correct my mistake.

Thanks.
I think that's fair enough, you got some info and a possible scoop.. there's very few if anyone on this thread that wouldn't have posted that on their own blog. Hyping it up was an error and you know that now, we move on

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Well, it might not be 100% real and we won't know until it's actually released. But if the information had some backbone (even a flimsy one) to it, then it's still more worthwhile than a blatant lie/rumour/speculation.

@ nirave - people just got disappointed due to such big anticipation. Keep posting any information that might be of interest to us. Readers can decide if it's real or not. I'm just glad to see at least a glimpse of what "might be".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
I will go as far as to say this;

the specs given to me were the ones listed and I personally hope even some of them are true as it could make for a cracking device.

The Following User Says Thank You to nirave For This Useful Post:

Tags
cry wolf, show must go on, show's over, stinky