Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
(concerning the darkened background when editing the desktop)
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Yeah, it bothers me also. Haven't found a way to modify that effect :/
Maybe you can contact the author of neon-theme. Just tried it out (looks like back in the 80's ) and realized that the background doesn't get dark when going to setup. That would be really helpful in arranging icons

Screenshots:
#1: normal background
#2: setup mode
Attached Images

Last edited by x-lette; 2010-07-29 at 12:27. Reason: added screenshots

OK.. What's the deal here, I got another update and did so but I only see the Black theme and NOT the other colors!!

How do I get the Orange or Blue?

Thanks!

With optimized pngs the basic package would be 7.9 MB (8291902 bytes).

Originally Posted by kamishly View Post
OK.. What's the deal here, I got another update and did so but I only see the Black theme and NOT the other colors!!

How do I get the Orange or Blue?
Maybe they're still in addon pack #1? I didn't see a statement from d-livil saying that he already integrated the base colors in main package again.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
Maybe they're still in addon pack #1? I didn't see a statement from d-livil saying that he already integrated the base colors in main package again.
Just did it. Sorry for messing your heads, but it indeed makes more sense to include at least the basic schemes with the "main" package. Liquids, Deeps and coffees are in the addon pack which also is soon available for upgrade.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
I think you have to upgrade the add-on packs as well to get the other color schemes, as they were removed from the base pack to make it smaller.

@D-livil: another suggestion as the packaging of themes into secondary packages is already done.

Would you mind thinking about packaging colors together? Like all blue variations in one package, all green ones, all yellow ones and so on. Updates of theme packages would decrease in size and the user would have the ability to choose a base color (i.e. the corresponding color package) and then select the favourite flavour like plain or liquid.
Your packages are again getting really huge and today's update just fetched about 40MB! Much of the content I will never use as I don't like the base color.

So far thanks for your fantastic work!

(concerning the darkened background when editing the desktop)

Maybe you can contact the author of neon-theme. Just tried it out (looks like back in the 80's ) and realized that the background doesn't get dark when going to setup. That would be really helpful in arranging icons

Screenshots:
#1: normal background
#2: setup mode
Thanks! Found the setting. Uploading an upgrade atm. This will be the last upgrade today

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
@D-livil: another suggestion as the packaging of themes into secondary packages is already done.

Would you mind thinking about packaging colors together? Like all blue variations in one package, all green ones, all yellow ones and so on. Updates of theme packages would decrease in size and the user would have the ability to choose a base color (i.e. the corresponding color package) and then select the favourite flavour like plain or liquid.
Your packages are again getting really huge and today's update just fetched about 40MB! Much of the content I will never use as I don't like the base color.

So far thanks for your fantastic work!
Oh no! No more splitting packages into million different packages
Original idea of coding the scheme selector was to reduce the amount of packages in repos (that pissed of people).

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Oh no! No more splitting packages into million different packages
Original idea of coding the scheme selector was to reduce the amount of packages in repos (that pissed of people).
I understand!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
New update for Pleego includes some new icons and few minor visual tweaks and also optimized png-images (thanks stlpaul).
On my latest apt-get upgrade:
Code:
After this operation, 16.1MB disk space will be freed.
very nice glad I could help.