I have had the same problem. As someone already mentioned it's connected with Maemo6 widget demo.

Solution is just to uninstall that demo, and everythin is ok after that.

N900 kicks a..es!

hi,

I saved woodshelf1 on my pc from this site then sent as an email attachement to my my ovi email. I accessed ovi email and opened attatchment then I selected woodshelf1 as my background, idiotically on desktop 1, 2 and later on desktop 4 accidently. I can change theme or desktop background only on desktop 4.

I am unable to change desktop background on 3 desktops that have woodshelf1. I have restored factory settings, nothing happened. still 3 backgrounds with woodshelf background. I restored backed up settings from a previous month, still nothing happened. finally after talking to vodafone upon their advice i formatted my nokia n900 hardrive. still there. the pic is not even in my phone now. surely there has to be a way to remove this background. i have searched entire google, forums trying to get some answers. just dont know wat to do anymore.

just now I saved woodshelf1 to 4 in my phone images and tried to put them on desktop 1, 2 and 4 and then tried to change it another pic. it has not worked. PLEASE HELP!

i have had the same problem , but i uninstall demo Maemo6 from my N900 and the THEMES open & i haven't any problem .

how to uninstall demo maemo6? i have uninstalled all the downloaded themes other then okia n series n 1 other.

Originally Posted by disappointed View Post
how to uninstall demo maemo6? i have uninstalled all the downloaded themes other then okia n series n 1 other.
try to do the same steeps :
more
app manager
uninstall

will open all programs
then you can find it & uninstall

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I've removed maemo6 demo and now it works fine for me

yey.. thanks for the help guys! to be more specific, remove the widget gallery i think that was the name of the maemo 6 demo. i can now change my themes. yey!!!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Medellin-Colombia
I had same problem, and after deinstall the widget gallery, the change of themes works again

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Heavenly place
For me, uninstalling Widget Gallery, did NOT working...
...BUT...
... after unistalling it, i also manually remove a dir called:

/opt/usr/share/themes/base

and some other themes that included a subdirectory named something like "meego".

As result, everything went OK!

Please, leave feedback.

Last edited by pippomu; 2010-08-03 at 18:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to pippomu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ploiesti, Romania
Happened to me as wel:l after installing Meego Theme I could not change the themes anymore. I had no maemo 6 demo installed.
Solved the problem after unistalling Meego Theme.

The Following User Says Thank You to epescaru For This Useful Post: