Active Topics

Notices

Oh i forgot to ask...when are you going to incorporate videos in this app?? Is it at the end of the list?

wow
brilliant application
how long should it take to analyse for the instinctic shuffle to work? I have about 300 mp3s on my device

The Following User Says Thank You to Nixmix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
I haven't looked for patterns yet regarding file names, etc... but I will do so.
Hi Peter,

I found it. Instinctiv is ignoring all of my music with an extension of .MP3 (capitalized) as opposed to .mp3 (lower case). I tested this out by renaming one of my missing music files with a lower-case extension and saw that Instinctiv found it after that.

Just another victim of Linux being case sensitive - but in reality the software should account for that and handle it.

Can you please correct this in the app so I don't have to write a shell script to lower-case all of my MP3 files :-)

Regards,
-DJ

The Following User Says Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
Hi Peter,

I found it. Instinctiv is ignoring all of my music with an extension of .MP3 (capitalized) as opposed to .mp3 (lower case). I tested this out by renaming one of my missing music files with a lower-case extension and saw that Instinctiv found it after that.

Just another victim of Linux being case sensitive - but in reality the software should account for that and handle it.

Can you please correct this in the app so I don't have to write a shell script to lower-case all of my MP3 files :-)

Regards,
-DJ
Nice catch. I won't paste the code but check out the comment preceding it:

/*TODO: This is horrible, it needs to be refactored based on what renderers are supported, and the propper place for this is NOT in song_metadata*/

The good news is the next rev will have this problem fixed. The bad news, it's part of our refactoring effort so it'll be another week

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
latest version: http://www.instinctiv.com/n900/080410.deb
Is there a repository available with the latest version?

Originally Posted by menno View Post
Is there a repository available with the latest version?
No. You guys are our elite squadron of beta testers... the current version is an unofficial release. We're working towards rounding out the last remaining set of major issues and should submit to Nokia within a week or so (is my hope). We'll post here as well for those who don't want to wait on the Nokia QA process.

The Following User Says Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Oh i forgot to ask...when are you going to incorporate videos in this app?? Is it at the end of the list?
It's on page 2 of the mantis list. In other words, it's on our wish list too, but we haven't really investigated what video playback is like on maemo, whether or not we can get access to youtube the way we want, etc...

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Cool, app.

Cant work out how to work the Play Songs Similar To though.

Also the Maemo last.fm scrobbler doesnt seem to work with this. Is Instinctiv not playing through the Media Application Framework?

Great app!

Is there an option to delete tags in the history of the Identity section where it has recorded a part of a song?

I tried to test the identify option for a new song but it failed and tagged the clip with the date and time. Then I wanted to delete the tag from the list but there doesn't seem to be such an option.

Originally Posted by byte_76 View Post
Great app!

Is there an option to delete tags in the history of the Identity section where it has recorded a part of a song?

I tried to test the identify option for a new song but it failed and tagged the clip with the date and time. Then I wanted to delete the tag from the list but there doesn't seem to be such an option.
Sorry not yet. There's a lot of smaller obvious stuff we just haven't gotten around to yet. Give us some time, though -- we'll get there