Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
unfortunately, I was able to remove and purge the libsdl-ttf2.0-0 but when trying install it again, I got the exact same error as before.

Any ideas?
Exactly the same error? How can it conflict with a file from a package that isn't actually installed?

All having trouble updating/installing app with error: libsdl-ttf2.0... here is the solution: (This worked perfectly for me!!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem seems to be caused because apt tries to install both libsdl-ttf2.0-0 and libsdl-ttf2.0.

I resolved this by force removing the installed libsdl-ttf2 version:

Code:

$ dpkg --force-all -r libsdl-ttf2.0-0

Afterward running apt-get install -f resolved the issue and installed both packages without problems
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANKS TO vStone Solution posted at this link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59573

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamLand For This Useful Post:
I've had my n900 for about 10 days, and have been using fapman for 7 of them. Great app! So great that I want to make it the default ... but how do you do that?

I see here that you can edit some files linking applications and MIME types. Is that really the only way to do it? And if so, exactly which file to edit? The system file, or the per user file?

Also, what is the exact line(s) to add? What is the mime type for all installable files? (I wouldn't think there is such a thing.) And how would fapman be referred to? fapman.desktop??

There's got to be a better way!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@quixote

Hmm. What do you mean by that you want to do it default app? You want to install nokia ovi store apps and .deb files e.g. here with it by default?

Originally Posted by DreamLand View Post
All having trouble updating/installing app with error: libsdl-ttf2.0... here is the solution: (This worked perfectly for me!!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem seems to be caused because apt tries to install both libsdl-ttf2.0-0 and libsdl-ttf2.0.

I resolved this by force removing the installed libsdl-ttf2 version:

Code:

$ dpkg --force-all -r libsdl-ttf2.0-0

Afterward running apt-get install -f resolved the issue and installed both packages without problems
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THANKS TO vStone Solution posted at this link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59573
The issue was a little more in depth for me. The issue circled around numpty physics being broke in devel.

This thread talks about how to correct the issue numpty build caused.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59841

This should help correct any pygame issues you're having with dependicies.

2d

The Following User Says Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by quixote View Post
So great that I want to make it the default ... but how do you do that?
You can't do that at the moment.
Registering mime types will accomplish nothing because fapman does not know what to do with .install or .deb files.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Exactly the same error? How can it conflict with a file from a package that isn't actually installed?
It was returning errors when trying to remove it, that said it couldn't because the package didn't exist. However apt-get -f install kept returning the same errors as above. I've since gotten it worked out.

It was a combination of removing numptyphysics, reinstalling it, adding the terminal changes from my post, and then removing libsmpeg0.

FInally after that everything is running smooth. I hope libsmpeg0 isn't important. Hahaha.

2d

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
It is because Heroes port wants libsdlttf-2.0-0, and I have libsdlttf-2.0, both pointing to the same physical fine, which is in conflict. Apt-get is lost. How the hell did this happpen, shouldn't it check first?

I have like 5 apps depending on libsdlttf-2.0, an uninstall cycle borders the impossible for me.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

hqh, do you think you could implement a way to activate the virtual keyboard when viewing packages. Always wished for this in the built in app manager. Maybe make an extra button down in the button right hand corner?

2d

Ps: Awesome work btw!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
It is because Heroes port wants libsdlttf-2.0-0, and I have libsdlttf-2.0, both pointing to the same physical fine, which is in conflict. Apt-get is lost. How the hell did this happpen, shouldn't it check first?
It seems the packages are not marked as conflicting. Maybe you should contact the maintainers of those packages.

Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
hqh, do you think you could implement a way to activate the virtual keyboard when viewing packages. Always wished for this in the built in app manager. Maybe make an extra button down in the button right hand corner?
Isn't it activated when you choose "search" from the app menu and click on the search text box?