Active Topics

Hmmm... deja vu:

No digital compass?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Anyways, who wants "java-apps" on a 11 inch screen when it is possible to run Qt and native linux apps?
I'll have to ask... can anybody really name a definitive list of Qt apps that would push aside the want/hope for Java apps? I have no problem with Java personally; however I do have a problem with naming one Qt app that's ever made me believe in that platform enough to where I'd be a fan - much like many on these boards.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Google Earth, VLC player, Skype desktop

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Google Earth, VLC player, Skype desktop
Thank you NvyUs... but I have to ask. Were those native Qt apps or ports of existing C++ (or other) apps because I have those on other operating systems? Of which... I understand Qt also does quite well in regards to other operating systems; but a port just doesn't seem like a proper showcase to me of Qt.

And I don't mind admitting... I might very well be missing something, but I port my own apps from Flex/AIR AS3 to .NET and Java regularly and I wouldn't consider my ports to be indicative of any power or strength of the target programming language as much as I'd consider it proof I could do it.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
they was developed using Qt which is why you find them on all desktop OS's. write once run everywhere philosophy as been working for years where those apps are concerned

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
they was developed using Qt which is why you find them on all desktop OS's. write once run everywhere philosophy as been working for years where those apps are concerned
Ah... gotcha. Didn't know that Maya was built using Qt. That would have shut me the heck up quickly.

There's a fan?

Pass

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Seems Engadget liked the WeTab:

while browsing webpages and tiled apps on the large capacitive screen, using one of the most intuitive, practical touchscreen interfaces we've ever had the pleasure to try

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Somewhat offtopic: Intel has gone gold with its appup store, with launch partners such as sega and konami. And meego progress keeps trickling along, seems like everhything should come within focal point by next month.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Since it has a sim card slot what 3G frequencies does it us? If not tmobile or AT&T will there be a nam version later? If not can I tether it to my N900? If no to all then no to wetab for me.

Tags
not the tablet, u r looking for