Active Topics

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
For me only the plastic which is a bit under the keyboard comes a bit up, simply a small quality issue but nothing serious.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newport, Wales
maybe the first batches of N900s are higher quality than the second ones?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Ordered mine in january, korean, matte keyboard.
The shift-key is wearing off.

Does anybody know where to buy a new keyboard or single letters?

Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 2010-06-13 at 19:32.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newport, Wales
here you go mate http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=140503 and http://www.mytrendyphone.com/shop/no...ad-23137p.html

its a QWERTZ keyboard, but you might find a way to take one of the keys and replace it, cheers

Last edited by INGINE; 2010-06-13 at 20:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to INGINE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
You guys must of got Sand Paper fingers
Or may be a guitarist?

I got to say I got mine since the first shipping period. The keyboard still good but sometimes I get the random click on screen when I pressed on it. But after a little tighten with the screws, all normal now.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Here
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7751/n900keybwear.png
But I have bit too long fingernails and quite often i type with nails :| It´s rather stupid because its faster to type with finger tips. I do not know why i have sometimes do that...maybe orientation of my hands while keeping n900 on both hands makes me type with nails..
Wow. Are you typing with a knife or something ;-)

On mine going strong 6 months and still like brand new.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
Igo keyboard should be compatible - very useful in the long-term for heavy mailers.

If you don't trim your nails often then the screen also will be losing its effectiveness - if you seldom use the stylus ['] anyway.

Last edited by Yaser88; 2010-06-14 at 01:40.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
Got mine in February 2010 via Amazon. Keyboard has seen little to moderate use (i.e. for sending mails and entering URLs whenever no "bigger" device had been around; configuration is done mainly from remote via ssh).

First button started wearing off 2 weeks ago, second to follow this week. It gets especially annoying when the light is dim, as the background LEDs shine through the holes.
Attached Images

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
My shift key started losing its coating when my N900 was only a few weeks old. Not as drastic as BigLebowski's (yet).

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
You guys must of got Sand Paper fingers
Or may be a guitarist?

I got to say I got mine since the first shipping period. The keyboard still good but sometimes I get the random click on screen when I pressed on it. But after a little tighten with the screws, all normal now.

im a guitarist!! you dont use your thumbs to play!
got my n900 in jan from uk. matte kb and its still mint
the surround looks like its stone chipped! at least nokia seem to have fixed the curse of the broken vol UP button from the n95 8gig.
ive also grinded down all my pegs on the usb charger and data cable just in case.