Can anyone here explain me is S-LCD the next generation of the TFT LCD does it offer a dramatic improvement in display ( I am not really looking out for a very technical explanation just need to know from a user perspective) is it great fun watching in SLCD compared to the traditional TFT LCD display that the N900 has. If yes, How much the difference between the TFT LCD of the N900 and SLCD would be ?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
google might be a better resource for this question

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The screen is so sharp that the bikini girls will look nekkid.

And your 2D edition of Avatar will play in 3D. Even older movies like Gladiator or Top Gun will play in 3D.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
^ and people come out of the screen and do your dishes also ?

http://wmpoweruser.com/amoled-vs-slc...e-and-htc-hd2/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
a while ago i read about this glassesless 3D TV that had this system that used a "special" algorithm to recognize 3D information in 2D footage and render it in 3D live, dunno if it ever got in production

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2010-10-11 at 18:37.

Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
^ and people come out of the screen and do your dishes also ?

http://wmpoweruser.com/amoled-vs-slc...e-and-htc-hd2/
Hey Thanks for this.

So in This order first is the SLCD then is the LCD and then the Amoled.

Sad HTC Desire screen is better than that of the N900

is there a way we can put slcd on n900 or amoled if its resistive touch?

C'mon guys I want a comparison between the SLCD screen of the HTC-Desire and the N900...Which one is better ?

Wikipedia says

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_displays_by_pixel_density

HTC Desire has 252 Pixel Per Inch (PPI) while the N900 has 267 Pixels Per Inch (PPI) So the PPI ratio of N900 is higher, even though the Desire is S-LCD versus the LCD of N900. Does that conclude that the Image Quality and the display on the N900 would be better than that of Desire's even though the Desire is S-LCD.

People get confused about the quality of an image, or more frequently what something sounds like. The easy answer is go into a phone shop with your N900 and compare the two screens side by side. Which ever looks best to you is the better one.

I'm not trying to be funny here, it works for Hi-Fi. I spent £100 less on a CD player back in the nineties (yes, I'm old) because to me it sounded better than the more expensive one I'd also shortlisted. For simple .jpgs and even fairly high quality videos it should be down to personal preference. Technical specifications are all well and good, but it is you that percieves the end result and has to live with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynomot For This Useful Post: