Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Unless there is a real enhancement such as ovi maps with T by T, flash, emails client issues fixed, call drops fixed,call answer staying active till the answer button not clicked or rings our... there is no point of 1.3.
Nokia is probably just showing off that we can do dual boot and it is upto you what you want but ultimately 1.3 could be the last ever release for Maemo

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
1) Yeah pretty much, normally if the keyboard is open then you see a menu otherwise it just loads Maemo. There's plenty of space on the internal 32GB for Meego or on the memory card - I wouldn't worry too much.

2) Probably run a little slower - but the N900 is still very powerful and it will run it just as well.
To be precise, 27.00GB internal Free out of the box. 2GB is used for Maemo application and 756MB used as SWAP.

Originally Posted by longcat View Post
If that is so - why are you telling us that there will be no ovi maps, fl10.1, etc ?
Probably to keep totally unrealistic expectations in line.

Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
exactly ! if ur sayin no ovi no fl then why is 1.3 coming out anyway??
To fix issues? Why do you honestly expect a firmware upgrade to come out? To add major functionality that weren't mentioned on the box when you bought it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Salo
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
If that is so - why are you telling us that there will be no ovi maps, fl10.1, etc ?
Simply a wild guess. Was I right??

Last edited by hara; 2010-10-14 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
So if there is no proof of your Nokia employement then I'm not convinced.
There is no proof that you're not convinced. Show me a web cam picture of your non-convinced face or I'll continue believing you're an Apple employee.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
i am a n900 owner, but unlike the clear majority of geeks here i am not technically skilled :-) i have the following questions:

1) what does it mean to be able to "dual boot both maemo and meego" on the n900? does it mean i get to choose between maemo and everything i have on there and meego on a screen after turning on the n900? having both os with saved stuff doesnt fill the n900 storage capacities?!

2) what limitations will meego have running on n900 given that the n9 is more powerfull in terms of hardware?
Currently, the ability to dual boot meego means absolutely nothing to end users, since meego is not finished. The whole thing is completely overblown and should only interest developers and testers. This is nothing new, since you've been able to dual boot meego for a long time already. read how here: http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900

1) It means you can choose to run meego instead of maemo when you turn on the phone. Accessing media on emmc from meego is not relevant at this point, but you can access it from both operating systems.

2) N900 will not run Nokias Meego/Harmattan that the rumored N9 probably will run, so they could look and act very different. Since we don't know what Harmattan is like, we can't really say. About Meego/Harmattan: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=14
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i just did some detective work he got garage account 3 months after his tmo account.
he does not have a @nokia specific email address he uses luukku.com one.
this don't mean he's not who he say's but make up your own minds

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Salo
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Ifyou are a Nokia employee then show us you batch. No batch is no proof and so not genuine. Therefore you are just messing with out mentality at its current state of weakness.

Changelog is accessible only inside Nokia, that is true with every company out there. Internal work will not be revealed to outside world and PR1.3 will be released eventually. We all know that and we all know that anyone out there could have faking it for the sake to get KUDO thanks counts from people on the forum.

So if there is no proof of your Nokia employement then I'm not convinced.
Crap, I'm a terrible liar. My bad...

Last edited by hara; 2010-10-14 at 12:18.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by hara View Post
Ehm, as an employee I'm not an internal?
Hm, where did you get that arg?

Originally Posted by volt
Probably to keep totally unrealistic expectations in line.
i really don't know what's the big issue about expecting an update for f**king flash player ? i know there was a huge discussion about this all the way the talk.maemo.org but seriously ? AN UPDATE ?

can't believe

Who really needs 1.3???
Only if you expect to get a good maemo on a great device even better!!!
The community fixed the big problems (pbap, battery consumption, hildon bugs) for me and made great extensions (thanks nicolai for your tools)!
n900 is an absolut stable, great device with good battery life on power-kernel with hildon bug fixes.
hildon-desktop extension: matan did a great job with modified-hildon-desktop.
I don't want to go back.
...and so on...

So i lean back, relax and see what MeeGo brings to us.

Greets, davall

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego