Active Topics

Hi, everybody!
I have 2 nokia's: E72 and N900. The E72 has a good GPS signal, but the N900 not.
Do you know what can I do?
Tks.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
You need to give a tad more information.

Describe what steps you are doing on the N900 and what it is that makes you feel the 'signal' qualities are different between the two devices.

All GPS units will take at the very least 15 minutes to get a valid first fix. (No comments about sirf star III chipsets - they use predictions, not actual fixes in those first minutes) - fixes will just take seconds to a few minutes after the first fix.

To mitigate this delay, you can use A-GPS - fixes will then only take one or two seconds regardless of GPS state, assuming you have a good internet connection.

I get lock without Internet, without enabeling the GPS for several days and in different location in less then 4 minutes.

Guys, first of all, tks for the answers, I'm just enabling the GPS internal device. I'm not using the A-GPS in both cell phones.
The E72 returns excelent signal and the N900 not (sometimes no signal).
I'm starting both at the same time, and using GPSJinni to check the satellities signals.

Tags
bad work, gps fix