Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Mine doesn't have Flash 10.1 either, and when I bought it I was under the clear understanding that Flash 10.1 would be coming. Wanting doesn't mean getting, that's all I am saying.
But the wanting is so easy! I do it all the time!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Seriously, does anyone on t.m.o. read? I feel like bashing my head against the wall while trying to parse this for useful posts.
Seriously, Flandry, since you say you are seriously asking: Yes, some people here read.

If you suspect that everyone on this site is an idiot, you might do better elsewhere.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Seriously, Flandry, since you say you are seriously asking: Yes, some people here read.

If you suspect that everyone on this site is an idiot, you might do better elsewhere.
You're right. I should have remembered that i can always count on the resident buzzards to eventually claw through almost dead threads, looking for ways to out-over-the-top the previous best.

I concede.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
just like I've been saying all along Nokia are the reason why flash 10.1 is not on the n900.
the reasons why is
1. Nokia wants everyone to upgrade to N9 for it
or
2. performance is just not good enough on n900 for Nokia to want to release it.

1. Makes sense. Evil, but makes sense.

2. Flash 10.1 on an assumed "less efficient" Android 2.2 OS, plays more than fine on the same chipset Droid 1. Plays very fine, in fact.

N900 is the perfect device for Flash 10.1, considering the best input options of any similar device. Most Flash game suck without either a keyboard or mouse/stylus.

why are so many complaining again over that in my eyes stupid flash.
I dont care about flash

What i really hope is that modest (the horrible email application) gets a much much needed overhaul.. That is the one application on the N900 that is really bad and i can't find a good alternative.. (where is profimail when you need it...)

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Where can I find the good news?

I want news, I can use!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
I dont care about flash

What i really hope is that modest (the horrible email application) gets a much much needed overhaul.. That is the one application on the N900 that is really bad and i can't find a good alternative.. (where is profimail when you need it...)
Flash 10.1 is important because it's the first one that uses the GPU and not CPU for rendering, which should show very much on a limited device like the N900. For other new things in the new flash... I don't care.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
1. Makes sense. Evil, but makes sense.

2. Flash 10.1 on an assumed "less efficient" Android 2.2 OS, plays more than fine on the same chipset Droid 1. Plays very fine, in fact.

N900 is the perfect device for Flash 10.1, considering the best input options of any similar device. Most Flash game suck without either a keyboard or mouse/stylus.
not only Nokia but also Iphone does the same. both they don't have flash cause (i believe) it drains your battery.
in fact, i love to have flash on my n900

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Originally Posted by ankurs View Post
seems so !

they need meego out asap, and n900 is perfect test bed.
I agree!

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
I dont care about flash
Everyone! Quick! Stop talking about Flash! Because jcomagner doesn't care about it... Close this thread immediately!

/s

Just because you don't care about Flash that doesn't mean others don't...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego