Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by protrek View Post
I have a problem installing Mobile Maps 10 after PR1.3.
Keep getting an error. Anyone else ?
Was yours an OVI Store purchase?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by xtian View Post
Don't know how long they have had this, but I just saw that Sygic now provides real-time traffic updates for the United States for less than $20.
Can you provide a link... I can't seem to find it via a search engine.

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Was yours an OVI Store purchase?
I have the same problem, I downloaded the free version from ovi then buy the maps on sygi.
Does any one know how to fix this?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
I also had this problem.. Remove the Res and Drive folder from MyDocs, and rename the maps-folder. Then you'll be able to install it again. Ofc you must rename the maps folder to it original state again after the installation.

The Following User Says Thank You to kruppin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
even im facing the same issue, unable to install on PR 1.3

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
even im facing the same issue, unable to install on PR 1.3
You've tried what I said in my previous post? Remove/rename those folders worked for me.. If it doesn't work, try "dpkg -i mobilemaps.deb" as root in terminal and see what error message it shows.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
This whole OVI store vs, website version is a clusterfsk.

If om update first comes for one and not the other, rather than wait for it, one group will attempt to use the other procedure and any help that members of this forum could provide would be at best useless and at worse, speculative.

I bought mine through their website. What confronts me is that for every other platform (iPhone, Android, Symbian) the North American version includes maps for the US, Mexico, and Canada for about $35 EUR. While the Maemo version cost $40 Euro it only includes maps for the US. Canada maps cost an additional $30 EUR and Mexico isn't even available.

What is up with that?

Now that I have to travel in Canada, Not only would I have to end up paying twice as much for less product than any other platform receives, the upgrade path is not very clear.

Will a Canada version purchased through OVI be compatible with my US version purchased on-line from Sygic's web site?

... and while I'm asking questions:

What happened to that Sygic support dude who was answering these questions as a member of this forum?

SLN member # 009

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Did you got Sygic SMM10 to work again in PR 1.3?
There are some problems regarding PR 1.3 and Sygic products (i.e. SMM10) but Sygic is working on these problems.

Thanks for your patience!

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Illinois
Originally Posted by kruppin View Post
I also had this problem.. Remove the Res and Drive folder from MyDocs, and rename the maps-folder. Then you'll be able to install it again. Ofc you must rename the maps folder to it original state again after the installation.
Thank you very much; this worked perfectly. I had this problem and was trying to figure out which file folders were causing the installation failure. No surprise it was Drive and Res. I tried renaming Maps on my own, but that in itself didn't work.

Again, thanks a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewdouglas For This Useful Post:
folks once gps lock has been acquired how do i get to the screen that shows the gps satellites?