Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Getting ignored in two places would really infuriate me. I'll just choose to continue to get ignored here if you don't mind.
I don't really care. I just wanted to say that you have a better chance of getting attention there. Plus, the thread's title is misleading - we already have meego 1.1 on the n900 dont you mean meego 1.2? which we all know will be the finished os and be ready for consumer use

as i said, it is not enough to get new up-date with bug fixes. We need in addition new features.......................( like others OS )

What is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will wait till the end of this year. if nothing happened , then will exchange N900 with E7. E7 looks much better than N900.

thnx

Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
as i said, it is not enough to get new up-date with bug fixes. We need in addition new features.......................( like others OS )

What is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will wait till the end of this year. if nothing happened , then will exchange N900 with E7. E7 looks much better than N900.

thnx
E7 will not have maemo, but Symbian3. I did not expect much from the pr 1.3 upgrade, only some bug fixes. Not a completly new interface. I still hope there will be a meego or android version available for the N900. If not I will swap next year for a HTC Android (eg Desire HD)

Originally Posted by Desmodromic View Post
E7 will not have maemo, but Symbian3. I did not expect much from the pr 1.3 upgrade, only some bug fixes. Not a completly new interface. I still hope there will be a meego or android version available for the N900. If not I will swap next year for a HTC Android (eg Desire HD)
What is Maemo???? ( Normal OS ) many features must be pre-installed in this OS, we are downloading from here. It is just like an empty space been filled with ( Maemo Team efforts ) thanks to Maemo team. But where is Nokia???!! they didnt even update their ( Maemo Select with new features & allp. ) . huuuuh

i really doubt if N900 will get MeeGo> cos by 2011, Nokia will release device with meeGo, so why they have to look after N900??????

Besides, Symbian^3 has much much features ( Ovi Stores )+the OS features than n900 & it is super compared to previous symbians. Just see how N8 is fast.

what will nokia will do is maybe they will release PR1,4 ( more bugs fixes ) by 2011, then finish. MeeGo devices will take the lead.

As a users, N900 is useless, but as a developers it is useful & worth-able ( cos they can play with as they like ).

Such a strong device but with baisic OS. ( like 35 years man with a brain of 5 years child )
Tnx

Last edited by !!Nokia N900!!; 2010-10-30 at 07:54.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
If you so want meego go and put it on your n900... Either fully or on the SDcard(I did and currently it's not a usable thing for anything).

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/NAND
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC

I'm rather sure the N900 port of meego will be around for a while. Though frankly I won't be using it. Don't really like the UX.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
If you so want meego go and put it on your n900... Either fully or on the SDcard(I did and currently it's not a usable thing for anything).

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/NAND
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC

I'm rather sure the N900 port of meego will be around for a while. Though frankly I won't be using it. Don't really like the UX.
This MeeGo 1.1 is stupid & nonsense. every time you want to switch to MeeGo, u have to out SD card & flash...what is this.!!!!!

Besides, it is not stable...........i better to feed my N900 with healthy & original software.

Thanx

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
What a vision you have. Take your N8 out of the box and try to upload a video or Skype call someone.
Maemo naked os?
On the contrary, very complete to people who understand their own needs that is.
But that is sometimes hard to find out for somebody who only likes to download 50 appa a day.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
yet another thread with stupidness.

If you want meego here is why not:

* meego is still not ready as a core os
* meego has no flash
* meego has no camera api ready
* meego is still slow cause drivers is not fully in place
* meego has no full phone functionality/gprs/3g
* meego ui is not fully in place
* slow firefox instead of Microb

however you can test meego if you want so this thread is pontless.
do people here think it takes five minutes too write a new os or what?? there is a reason nokia dont support meego on n900 they have to miove forward. we should be glad there still is internal nokia people who help us to make it happen et all. but at the same time it will slow down new releases likee n9.

now lets see what we have in maemo.

* full support for QT same as in symbian and it is easyier to write apps in qt/qtquick than it is on android so we will see new apps.
* working camera both official and unofficial drivers like fcamera
* working phone stack 3g/gprs
* wifi
* MicroB better and faster browser than dogslow firefox mobile.

maemo still rocks steady. Just bought an extra n900 cause there is no other computerphone out there who can replace it.

the new phone will be used as meego test platform

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
yet another thread with stupidness.

the new phone will be used as meego test platform
really i am getting up-set......
since the release in 2009 till now what we get from Maemo.....huuuuuuh

i think my next step will be Nokia E7 then Nokia MeeGo devices..

U just said it: the new phone will be used as meego test platform

so the N900 is true a guinea pig for testing. How long u people were testing on this n900?? since 2009??? what we get as a user??? NOTHING

what we hear is only for developers. ( e.g Now MeeGo released but for developer. Also, QT4.7 release but for developer &........and many such an issues.)

It was better to release the N900 from the beginning for developers.
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Who told you that this is a regular phone for regular users!!!!
if you want a regular phone go and buy Nokia N8 for example !!!

This is a powerful phone where I'm using it since November 2009 and never complained from it, you can customize your Nokia Tablet (yeah it is a Tablet !!) as you wish and with applications that you will never find in any other phone.

You can use your X - Terminal to edit system files to use the maximum power of the phone...

Tell me, do you have any other phone with the powerful web Browser we have here? Do you have the option to download any torrent file (movie for example...) and connect your phone directly to your TV and watch it using the latest decoders??

Think twice before saying anything and frankly speaking if you don't know how powerful the phone is, so please sell it and buy iPhone or any other device you like..

For us, we are HAPPY with this one and its stability and its powerful customization .....

"live today like you were going to die tomorrow, plan for tomorrow like you we going to live for ever.."

Tags
carrots, divide by 0, gibberish, i want a pony, i wish i was a temp mod, n000bs, wasteland