Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Edmonton, Canada
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Anyone else still using this app? I haven't been able to pull character info with mEveMon ever since the Tyrannis 1.2 update earlier this week. Getting "Error -5 while decompressing data". I just filed a bug report on the garage page, but wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
Hey Grant, thanks for reporting this. I just pulled mevemon up and am not seeing any issues, but I will look into it as soon as I can (I may need your help debugging if I am unable to reproduce it here).

Thanks,

Ryan

The Following User Says Thank You to campbellr For This Useful Post:
Ryan, thanks for the quick reply. Clearing the cached data as you suggested ('rm -rf /var/run/eveapi/') and rebooting took care of it.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Windsor, Ontario, Canada
After years of wondering why this app didn't exist yet, I just found and installed mEveMon... running version 0.4-8 on my N810. After putting in my UID and API key I can't get anything but "Problem fetching info for account" ... Even after several hours... I pasted the API key in from the webpage, and I didn't fatfinger my UID (or put any spaces or anything)... any ideas what could be hosed?

Thanks in advance

MindMusic

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by campbellr View Post
mEveMon is a character monitor for the requests, or suggestions to our bugtracker in Garage.
wow I envy you ALL who play EVE,

Can you do for us Battlefield bad company 2??

or Steam app

Originally Posted by MindMusic View Post
After years of wondering why this app didn't exist yet, I just found and installed mEveMon... running version 0.4-8 on my N810. After putting in my UID and API key I can't get anything but "Problem fetching info for account" ... Even after several hours... I pasted the API key in from the webpage, and I didn't fatfinger my UID (or put any spaces or anything)... any ideas what could be hosed?

Thanks in advance

MindMusic
Unfortunately, mEveMon has been broken since the latest EVE patch (Incursion), so that is probably the problem you're seeing.

A fix is in our git repository and hopefully I can push a build to extras-dev this weekend.

Originally Posted by campbellr View Post
Unfortunately, mEveMon has been broken since the latest EVE patch (Incursion), so that is probably the problem you're seeing.

A fix is in our git repository and hopefully I can push a build to extras-dev this weekend.

A new version (0.5-1) was uploaded to extras-dev over the weekend, and will probably be promoted to extras-testing in the next few days if there aren't any major bugs.

The list of changes can be found at http://mevemon.garage.maemo.org/

Let me know (or file a ticket) if you run into any bugs...

I like this program but yesterday it stopped working for me. After finding this thread I tried /usr/bin/mevemon and got this.

Code:
back (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mevemon", line 371, in <module>
    app = mEveMon()
  File "/usr/bin/mevemon", line 72, in __init__
    self.gui.run()
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/fremantle/gui.py", line 257, in run
    self.char_model = models.CharacterListModel(self.controller)
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/models.py", line 40, in __init__
    self.get_characters()
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/models.py", line 49, in get_characters
    self.set(liter, self.C_PORTRAIT, self._set_pix(icon), self.C_NAME, name, self.C_UID, uid)
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/models.py", line 52, in _set_pix
    pixbuf = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(filename)
glib.GError: Couldn't recognise the image file format for file '/root/.mevemon/imgs/90427276.jpg'
Looking at the file 90427276.jpg in vim I found it was a 'file not found web page'. So I uninstalled and tried it all again to get the same error.

Please help

Originally Posted by OzyWizard View Post
I like this program but yesterday it stopped working for me. After finding this thread I tried /usr/bin/mevemon and got this.

Code:
back (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mevemon", line 371, in <module>
    app = mEveMon()
  File "/usr/bin/mevemon", line 72, in __init__
    self.gui.run()
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/fremantle/gui.py", line 257, in run
    self.char_model = models.CharacterListModel(self.controller)
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/models.py", line 40, in __init__
    self.get_characters()
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/models.py", line 49, in get_characters
    self.set(liter, self.C_PORTRAIT, self._set_pix(icon), self.C_NAME, name, self.C_UID, uid)
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/mevemon/ui/models.py", line 52, in _set_pix
    pixbuf = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(filename)
glib.GError: Couldn't recognise the image file format for file '/root/.mevemon/imgs/90427276.jpg'
Looking at the file 90427276.jpg in vim I found it was a 'file not found web page'. So I uninstalled and tried it all again to get the same error.

Please help
Hi,

From the traceback it looks like you're still using mEveMon 0.4-9. The Incursion patch changed some of the API, particularly the url to retrieve the portraits.

You'll have to upgrade to 0.5-1 in extras-devel or extras-testing for a working version. And you may also have to remove the files in ~/.mevemon/imgs/

Let me know if that helps.

Ryan

Thanks

I thought that reinstalling last night would get me version0.5-1 in extras-devel but I didn't check after reinstalling.

0.5-1 works great