Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@fcrochik
Do you still plan to have a look at latitude feature on later stage? I mainly use GoogleMaps to search for my friends and to navigate to their location when I don't know it. It is a lot easier than trying to describe the path on the phone...

PS. I apologize if you have answered this definitively somewhere in the topic, but I couldn't find it.

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@fcrochik
Do you still plan to have a look at latitude feature on later stage? I mainly use GoogleMaps to search for my friends and to navigate to their location when I don't know it. It is a lot easier than trying to describe the path on the phone...

PS. I apologize if you have answered this definitively somewhere in the topic, but I couldn't find it.
I haven't had a chance to look into it but it is something that I plan to implement in the future.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for finally bringing a decent port of Google maps to the n900. It works perfectly even in its early stages

I used to have to use the firefox plugin to find tricky POIs near my location as none of the other navigators are intuitive enough.

Today one of them tried routing me from Australia to USA while another tried downloading a 150 MB file of POIs around me. GeePS took less than 30 seconds to get me what I needed.

A little optimizing on the tile scrolling and this baby is perfect.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Do you know of any other software for maemo that supports TOR connections? If you can give me an example of one (preferably created using Qt) I can study what is needed.
Omweather was fixed for tor after I requested it. (sorry, not Qt).

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Unfortunately this post is not to announce new features...
I love new features as much as the next (even when I have to work for them...
Hopefully soon I will able to implement some...

BUT, in the meanwhile, I would like you to vote for geeps so it can make into the extras repository.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Fcrochick,

I rarely post but this app is fantastic so far. I'm looking forward to its development with the great brainstorming that's going on. Very nice work.

Cheers,
Robbie

The Following User Says Thank You to Robbie1999 For This Useful Post:
Hey,
this was another app I needed to feel more comfortable with not having an Android phone. Great job!

One thing though. Upon starting the problem i began to swirl on the screen like mad in order to zoom out. As this is common behaviour for maemo apps, I suggest adding this zomming motion in one of the next releases. I'd appreciate it.

Greetings
Simon

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by styxnsoon View Post
One thing though. Upon starting the problem i began to swirl on the screen like mad in order to zoom out. As this is common behaviour for maemo apps, I suggest adding this zomming motion in one of the next releases. I'd appreciate it.

Greetings
Simon
Is it? I thought it only worked in the browser?

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Is it? I thought it only worked in the browser?
You're right. Im browsing 70% of the time, at least. Nevertheless, It'd be intuitive and not that hard to implement, since you can almost paste the code from the browser, I suppose.

@fcrochik
Is there any way to allow search result arrows on the map to be clicked for more info.