Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Have no idea whether this is new or what. It happened 2 times today and one time yesterday. Phone rang, tried to answer, screen is unresponsive for few seconds, ring tone continued, but screen is pitch dark, blank. Of course, missed the call.

Is there any way to avoid this 'freezing' upon incoming call?

My N900 current setup:

a mess

PR1.3, titan power44 OC 250-950. I have NOT take effort to characterise the situation, just kind of wondering if anybody experience it AND possible solutions, or suggested solutions. Would turn off ring tone help? Just a thought

TIA,

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
-check that you do not have screenshield that is over proximity sensor.
-check installed apps. Have you apps that run constantly in background and are releated to phone app? (espeak, custom ringtones etc. apps)
-set phone app to be always in landscape so that maemo os doesn´t have to do rotation.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I had this problem also. Besides getting a blank screen (for 1+ sec actually), I need to get the screen rotated and keep tapping the answer call. I think it's just slow to process these many steps?

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
sometimes my phone rings for 10 seconds with a black screen and hence no possibility to pick up the call. very sad...

I have indeed a screenprotector foil, but whats the problem with the proximity sensor? the foil is clear.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by raily View Post
sometimes my phone rings for 10 seconds with a black screen and hence no possibility to pick up the call. very sad...

I have indeed a screenprotector foil, but whats the problem with the proximity sensor? the foil is clear.
Does it have anything to do with the proximity sensor? I thought when a call comes in the phone screen will display whether we affect the proximity sensor or not.

Feels more like a lag (for my case 1+ sec) and some bug (for your 10 sec case)? Hope someone have a better fix for both our concerns

Originally Posted by slender View Post
-check that you do not have screenshield that is over proximity sensor.
-check installed apps. Have you apps that run constantly in background and are releated to phone app? (espeak, custom ringtones etc. apps)
-set phone app to be always in landscape so that maemo os doesn´t have to do rotation.
I had the same problem,
Like slender wrote above, I figured that it would get slow due to any of the apps that would have a hook onto the phone app. like (maybe)extended call log some contact app from extras or anything that would be interested in knowing that a call is coming in and do some (techy)stuff of their own :P

Mine was just a guess and I removed all of the ones I thot would be applicable to thought scenario.. Since then its just all smoooth

Make sure your app manager is never left open :B And I am sure there are widgets that chew up the CPU, too.

you think your problem is similar to this?:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...044#post872044

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by raily View Post
Some screen-protector would block the proxmity sensor no matter how clean it looks. If you really want to use the phone, remove the part that blocks the sensor.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
well, it is more of a lag than the proximity sensor blocking the screen. If it would be caused by the sensor I think it would also be noticable in normal phone usage.