Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chicago
i love this app I am currently taking religion class and it save me so much time. Good luck on furthur development

Keep getting errors when trying to use any of the streaming feeds. Is this becuase the website is now prepping to use the new site address? Anybody else having this problem?

2d

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
Keep getting errors when trying to use any of the streaming feeds. Is this becuase the website is now prepping to use the new site address? Anybody else having this problem?

2d
I see it on my side also. I'll try to look into this after I get back from work.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Oddly it appears to only happen while on celluar data. On a home network it resolves correctly.

2d

It seems it's working again. Odd. Guess it wasn't the client's issues in this case. Glad it's working again.

2d

Hi,
Thanks for spending the time on making this.

I must be doing something wrong. I am getting all the images but when I click the Play button, nothing happens.

Is it supposed to play the scriptures as audio?

Yes, this is the LDS Channel App everything is audio/video content.

Originally Posted by tractor View Post
Hi,
Thanks for spending the time on making this.

I must be doing something wrong. I am getting all the images but when I click the Play button, nothing happens.

Is it supposed to play the scriptures as audio?
Sometimes to fill the buffer playback is delayed a second or two. Also sometimes the church website is under too heavy of load and nothing works (but with error messages at the top).

Doesn't sound like either is the case for you. I just tested and it worked for me (well except for a orientation change bug).

Can you follow the (for now very sparse) reporting problems section of the site?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Waters_of_Shil...orting_of_Bugs

Once some time opens up my first priority is getting everything packaged on Meego. I will then probably start looking at a rewrite in Qt. At that point I will probably add support for video streams including youtube Mormon Channel spots. I also hope to add generic RSS support with defaults set to speeches.byu.edu.

Longer term there is a contact aggregation project called libfolks that is expected to show up in Meego once it matures. Once it matures a bit more I plan to write an lds.org/directory backend for it. I think it'd be nice to also write a QtMobility calendar backend for lds.org.

Great thank you.
I will give it a bit more time to load. This works on wi-fi right? Because that's the only way I'm using the N900 right now.

If that doesn't work, I'll try re-installing.

Originally Posted by tractor View Post
Great thank you.
I will give it a bit more time to load. This works on wi-fi right? Because that's the only way I'm using the N900 right now.

If that doesn't work, I'll try re-installing.
I've used it both with 3G and with wifi without a problem.