Active Topics

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by elgeedc View Post
I'm sorry, blue_led, my thread isn't meant for you and the rest of the narrow minded kids here (just like those narrow-minded macfags and droid-lovers!).
This thread is for the people who want to know about a real user-experience.
If maybe even one of those maemo-developers could be touched by this thread, it would be awesome.
But surely the people that have a pleasant 'user experience' are within their right to reply to let the 'maemo developers' know that there are many (many more in my opinion) users that wouldn't swap this phone for Kylie.
I can see how the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" remarks could get your goat a little, but what did you expect? Even if your remarks and observations are valid you will inevitably get tarred with the 'whiners and moaners' brush because there have been quite a few 'unlucky' users on here that feel the need to join the forum and start a threat to tell all who care to listen that they are leaving.

Seriously, I'm sorry you haven't been as lucky as me because this is the best device i've ever owned.

Good luck

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
We're not crying because we're "hearing" the truth, we're just sick of these kind of threads.. This is a _community_ site... Out of ALL the people in here there are maybe 2 or 3 people that actually work for Nokia, and they're not around that much (search qgil maybe).. So why in the hell do you think we actually care about you or your little cute story?

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
@elgeedc
Amazing platform just give is a try.
All except xcode which is utter 5h1t!

Really, why couldn't apple make a dev tool at least comparable to visual studio.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sands.m View Post
n900 is definately the last nokia device with maemo on it.

Tell me if Iam wrong .
You are wrong

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
But surely the people that have a pleasant 'user experience' are within their right to reply to let the 'maemo developers' know that there are many (many more in my opinion) users that wouldn't swap this phone for Kylie.
I can see how the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" remarks could get your goat a little, but what did you expect? Even if your remarks and observations are valid you will inevitably get tarred with the 'whiners and moaners' brush because there have been quite a few 'unlucky' users on here that feel the need to join the forum and start a threat to tell all who care to listen that they are leaving.

Seriously, I'm sorry you haven't been as lucky as me because this is the best device i've ever owned.

Good luck
Thanks, and good for you that you (and others) haven't had any problems with the phone! If I wouldn't have any either, I'd surely sticked to this device. I've expexted heavy resistance in this thread, so it's ok

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
We're not crying because we're "hearing" the truth, we're just sick of these kind of threads.. This is a _community_ site... Out of ALL the people in here there are maybe 2 or 3 people that actually work for Nokia, and they're not around that much (search qgil maybe).. So why in the hell do you think we actually care about you or your little cute story?

You're wasting you're time in this topic. You could be writing your own programs or begging for Shazam, Ovi Maps, or other free software.
I know Nokia isn't checking these forums with prying eyes. And if you're sick of these topics, why do you respond? Why can't you handle everybody's experience? Or should we immediately found a totalitarian regime to silence all the ney-sayers

The Following User Says Thank You to elgeedc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by elgeedc View Post
This thread is for the people who want to know about a real user-experience. Not only about numbers and promises and things-that-would-be-zomfg-friggin-awesum-on-mah-n900.
Okey. So we have here mister the "real" user-experience. Does webster have your picture on besides of word user-experience or are you god?

What promises? Why so angry if you have clearly bought wrong tool for your needs? Be happy with android and keep on playing and enjoying that.

If you think that this thread offers something new and insightful to some user then I would recommend to learn use search on this forum and use google.

..edit
7 messages? Give me a Break man!
Too bad for maemo community? This:
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=9239833
I´m pretty sure that community will miss you very very much indeed.

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-03 at 17:45.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
One more pathetic loser which signed up to a forum just to say he is leaving the platform..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I'm crying *sob sob

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Okey. So we have here mister the "real" user-experience. Does webster have your picture on besides of word user-experience or are you god?

What promises? Why so angry if you have clearly bought wrong tool for your needs? Be happy with android and keep on playing and enjoying that.

If you think that this thread offers something new and insightful to some user then I would recommend to learn use search on this forum and use google.

..edit
7 messages? Give me a Break man!
Too bad for maemo community? This:
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=9239833
I´m pretty sure that community will miss you very very much indeed.
Try to read my reaction again. I said A user experience, not THE user experience.
The wrong tool? Who else but me is that to decide? I haven't used the full potential of the N900. Nobody has. Nor did you. You should tell me the real purpose of this device, mr knowitall.
I've made this account because my normal maemo account has my personal name in it. I don't want people to contact me via that way.
Promises? Meego, ovi maps, portraitmode, .. OK, not everything is "promised" by Nokia. There are also a lot rumors on "maybe-apps" on this site.

haha my brother got the htc desire z today and he hasnt come home yet so ive been playing with it its really nice!

Tags
rude thread, total douchebag