Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Look likes some problem with the libc file on your setup.
In a word, again, to make things easier and avoid messing up the original files,
1) create a *new* directory anywhere you prefer in a ext2 partition (vfat/fat32 won't work!)
2) copy *everything* with *proper* permission in that directory
3) make sure *all* the libraries are present.
4) run ./qemu-i386 ./ld-linux.so.2 --library-path `pwd' ./adom-i386

btw who can get adom-sage to work? The current qemu package is badly broken and only damion's build works. After almost a whole week of searching, I find the online documentation too obscure to me to tell which qemu builds are compatible with which libraries and which disk image.... and qemu seems notoriously hard to compile (failed on me several times)...
a really big mess

Last edited by 009N; 2010-12-18 at 08:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to 009N For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I'm sorry. I swear, I don't know what's wrong here.

[1|user@Nokia-N800-43-7|~]cd /usr/bin/adom-qemu/ [1|user@Nokia-N800-43-7|/usr/bin/adom-qemu]./qemu-i386 ./ld-linux.so.2 --library-path 'pwd' ./adom-i386
./qemu-i386: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./qemu-i386)

Try this:
sudo chown -R user /usr/bin/adom-qemu
sudo chgrp -R users /usr/bin/adom-qemu

btw why don't you put the adom dir to somewhere other than /usr/bin ?

The Following User Says Thank You to 009N For This Useful Post:
Okay. Did that. Same error as before though.

./adom.sh./qemu-i386: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./qemu-i386)

Poopies. I'll ask someone with an older tablet. Maybe they might know what's up with this.

Oh gosh you guys lost me with this thread.

From what I can gather you are running an x86-compiled Rouge-like game inside of QEMU emulator.

Additionally 009N has a N900 (with Maemo5) while Addison has a N800 (with Maemo4). Maemo5 has newer versions of core libraries than Maemo4 (these libraries can't be updated without breaking everything).

Now assuming that the version of libc in question is the Maemo one not the one used inside of QEMU then the Maemo4 vs Maemo5 difference may be the culprit. If not then I'm going to have to re-read this thread more carefully.

Furthermore, is it not possible to get the source for this game? A proper compile for ARMEL would be much better than running it via an emulator.

Also @Addison, next time you run into permission denied errors, just run the script as root.

I'm going to try and find the source for this game ++ re-read the thread.

EDIT: BTW Addison, I did try (and fail) to back-port Powder for N8x0. Got the deps but the code just wouldn't compile cleanly (went for ~15 min before fatal error).

Last edited by linuxeventually; 2010-12-19 at 06:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Yay for having an awesome friend here!

You so rock Linux!

And yeah, there is no source for ADOM and there never will be.

Poopies.

I just wanted to say THANKS!!

I am using 009N's configuration and ADOM runs like a dream. Goodbye, productivity!

For those of you having problems running it - make sure that the files are on a linux filesystem (i.e. not on the Windows-readable portion of your disk - I used /opt/adom-qemu) and that permissions are set:

Here's what I did:
Code:
$ chmod +x adom adom-i386 adom.sh qemu-i386 toggle_fullscreen
$ chmod +x lib/*
Good luck!

As for Dwarf Fortress, that screenshot you pasted has resolution 640x300 - and the N900 runs circles around that. The biggest problem with DF will probably be insufficient processing power - you're going to get like 2 frames per second on the N900 (I had to upgrade to a quad-core desktop before I saw decent frames in that game!)

lol ...
i simply forgot Addison's is N800...
Quad-core for an ascii-graphic game. How weird...
Still trying hard to get adom-sage running, because its much improved UI and display. See if I can run a micro windows qemu/dosbox/bochs ...
It's sad but true that ADOM is not open source. So is Dwarf Fortress...

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
Now assuming that the version of libc in question is the Maemo one not the one used inside of QEMU then the Maemo4 vs Maemo5 difference may be the culprit. If not then I'm going to have to re-read this thread more carefully.
Thanks for reminding me that this qemu-i386 was compiled against Maemo 5 with a different libc version from Maemo 4, which is most likely the cause of why it's not running on N800.
I didn't have the setup for compiling for Maemo 4. If someone can give me the relevant info I can try cross-compile qemu-i386.

@TimusEravan:
It's quite easy to work out what an x86 binary needs in order to run ADOM Maemo 5.

To do this you'll need:
- A working qemu binary
- The ADOM x86 binary
- A set of libraries required by the x86 binary
- Proper syntax of executing qemu

Steps:
1) Copy the ADOM binary to an x86 linux box.
2) Use ldd to find out all the libraries the binary is linked to (because it is dynamically and not statically linked).
3) Copy all the libraries according to the output of ldd.
4) Copy all those lib to N900. No need to create the directory hierarchy. Just put everything in one and the same directory.
5) Run qemu with the x86 binary as argument and with proper syntax and options

You would be so loved by me dude if you were able to compile this for Diablo. :swoon: