Active Topics

I really want to plug my av out of my n900 into my factory lcd panel in my car, use gps, andswer/disconnect phone calls, browse net or what ever. even bluetooth odbii readers when a program is ported to maemo5.

I found usb transparent films that can turn my 7" car tv into a toluchscreen it has linux drivers, but from what I have seen the phone doesnt support host usb mode.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12561

I was looking at car pc's, but they are expensive, heavy and are windows... so slow to boot. I mean it would be cheaper if had to buy a n900 and pull it apart to make it work, then I could use i am here to track my car.

I have a n95, 5800, n97 lying around, i guess I could use that if that is a better option.... but n900 is such a nicer phone!

so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get around this problem?

thanks for reading my ramble.

but im sure there are many others that would love this idea too!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
buy an ipad, use it to vnc to your n900
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Get an EeePC - try and get one with a broken screen off ebay? You could VNC to your N900 from it? They're cheap now too.

Neil

ok, what about getting that screen above and using the below 232 controller instead of the usb one?
http://www.tvielectronics.com/Produc...ontroller.html

then get a 232 to bluetooth adaptor.
http://serialio.com/products/adaptors/BlueSnapStd.php

make a proram to read touches and update device.

can you connect to multiple devices via bluetooth?
eg. headset and keyboard. or for my example touch screen and odbii bluetooth reader.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
I really want to plug my av out of my n900 into my factory lcd panel in my car, use gps, andswer/disconnect phone calls, browse net or what ever. even bluetooth odbii readers when a program is ported to maemo5.

I found usb transparent films that can turn my 7" car tv into a toluchscreen it has linux drivers, but from what I have seen the phone doesnt support host usb mode.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12561

I was looking at car pc's, but they are expensive, heavy and are windows... so slow to boot. I mean it would be cheaper if had to buy a n900 and pull it apart to make it work, then I could use i am here to track my car.

I have a n95, 5800, n97 lying around, i guess I could use that if that is a better option.... but n900 is such a nicer phone!

so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get around this problem?

thanks for reading my ramble.

but im sure there are many others that would love this idea too!

There is an application called xresponse that simulates tapping the touch screen given x,y coordinates. If the car TV has a touch screen, and you managed to connect the phone to it via some method besides TV Out and other than USB (bluetooth or wifi), with some programming you could grep taps on the TV screen, map their coordinates to N900's resolution and pass to xresponse application to execute on N900.

TV -----> map ---->xresponse on N900

The Following User Says Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
xresponse worked a treat! (exactly what I needed)

thanks tgalal

hola, first post. I am also doing something similar on my X5.
Vanadium, can you please tell me how did you connect the n900 to the touch screen, did xresponse worked, what kind of screen do you have in your car, some tips that you can share?
thanks and many greeting to you all from sunny Dubai.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
...but from what I have seen the phone doesnt support host usb mode.
Have I got news for you: USB Host Mode

Can't say it will work without extra software though

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

FRuMMaGe, thanks, I was just reading this too. Anyone here tried connecting an external touch screen via the usb host mode? thanks.