Active Topics

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
You're not alone, i just learned it after reading your post.
Me too!! not any quicker than the 2 quick click method though

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Me too!! not any quicker than the 2 quick click method though
But you only click once. Save your energy

I'd like to see gestures, and while true kinetic ones might stop ease of implementating webOS-styled ones, flicking cards away etc...without copying stacks, cards and the rest, I brainstorm the following -

Slice through an application to close it, drawing a line through multiple applications would close the selected ones and long pressing on an application would enter "edit" mode allow you to re-order applications by hand. Task "pages" would also be nice for those who keep many applications open, you could designate one "page" for Conversation windows, one for browser windows and one for other applications. All spawned applications would go into their respective "pages" based on grouping or into the "last" page if there was none. They would be accessed by swiping left and right on the dashboard.

Perhaps even "global gestures" that allow simply "slicing" an application from within any window to kill the process would be nice too.

This obviously means heavy modifications to hildon, hildon-desktop, hildon-home and probably the underlying recognition engine as well as whatever is overlayed on X between the WM, so I don't ever imagine this becoming possible.
Attached Images

Last edited by hawaii; 2011-01-14 at 20:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by philh View Post
I can not believe it took me a year to find out that holding the dashboard button while in application takes me straight to desktop...
Or you could also use (app) Shortcutd and configure the camera button to launch dashboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by philh View Post
I can not believe it took me a year to find out that holding the dashboard button while in application takes me straight to desktop...
and me, after reading that....

The Following User Says Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post: