Closed Thread
Sad, but I completely agree, take a look at the article:

http://gizmodo.com/5750713/analyst-s...stry-right-now

The Following User Says Thank You to zaapx For This Useful Post:
gizmodo is a joke...

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to leviathan18 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
For some weird reason when I hear Engadget or Gizmodo the Frank Zappas Bobby Brown starts playing in my head.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I read the article. It has no substance. Really no substance. If i'm missing it please copy and paste. It's the usual pop gossip/rubbish Gizmodo post.

Nokia should adopt WP7 Stephen (who worked for MS) now works for Nokia -so the relationship is there. Really? Thats the reason? And why is Meego a joke? Please explain.

Given - Nokia have been slow in their response and haven't kept up the pace with Android but so what? Android is growing and they need that growth. Let Nokia/Intel develop Meego. This isnt an overnight teen OS that comes and goes - from what I have seen it looks quite sophisticated (sans the cartoons) and powerful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I challenge you all to read thrugh the comments to that article! Gave me the worst headache ever :'(

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by eMiL View Post
I challenge you all to read thrugh the comments to that article! Gave me the worst headache ever :'(
i think i'll pass on that challenge thanks!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
The Berenberg Bank analyst Adnaan Ahmad is a joke, thats all...

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eMiL View Post
Gizmodo readers actually give Nokia and MeeGo a fair shake. Statements from bank analysts don't get any confidence from me, seeing as how "great" their track record has been.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Nokia will have the last laugh when they see N9 triple boots Meego, Android and WP7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
The analyst says:
"Get rid of your own proprietary high-end solution (MEEGO)-–it's the biggest joke in the tech industry right now and will put you even further behind Apple and Google."

Guess this analyst was too busy actually reading the Q4 results to know, that ZTE zinged past Apple, so actually sticking with MeeGo will put Nokia further behind Google and ZTE.

But of course its not Google's results we follow quarterly, but more over Android's. So I guess he meant, that Nokia will fall even further behind "Google's Android and Apple's iOS"? Now if we update the original comment with info from Q4 results, and add the clarification regarding mobile OS's we just made, we get this:

"Get rid of your own proprietary high-end solution (MEEGO)-–it's the biggest joke in the tech industry right now and will put you even further behind Android and Android."

A bit too vague for me!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cjp; 2011-02-03 at 20:47.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread