Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by patemera View Post
Hello all!!!
not working... app closes when loading playlists, tried 3G and wi-fi. I downloaded via app manager. previous version worked perfect. what should i do, any ideas?
Does this happen every time when starting QSpot? Have you changed the display orientation settings, i.e., are you using the portrait or automatic setting when the problem occurs?

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Does this happen every time when starting QSpot? Have you changed the display orientation settings, i.e., are you using the portrait or automatic setting when the problem occurs?
Hi!!
Happens all time...I dont have time to change settings, qspot just closes, I login and then bum!!.cloed

thanks for the reply!

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
For some reason everytime I want to search something qspot crashes now. I don't know why this is happening. When i just installed it I didn't had any problems

when opening in xterm it says "Segmentation fault"

Last edited by Zekahz; 2011-02-05 at 09:37.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
For some reason everytime I want to search something qspot crashes now. I don't know why this is happening. When i just installed it I didn't had any problems

when opening in xterm it says "Segmentation fault"
I have had this problem before. wait 1 day or so and you can search again. That was the case for me a few pages back.

Hey all!

My qspot works well (when i get it turned on)
But there is a problem:
When starting qspot it just crash after turning it on. i can do this all day, but it works sometimes, its related to playlist. there is too much songs it crashes(i think), couse when i remove certain folders from playlist it works.
So this crash AFTER playlist loaded, like 2secounds after loaded, you can even browserlist, if you fast. but it crash anyway.

there is also other issue related playlist,
i think there can't be asterix character * * on song name, it couse immediately crash. (someone may confirm this bug)

both crashes is segmentation fault, its qspot related(not library) couse yaspot does not have this problems.

I will need to look into what can be the cause of these crashes; I have tried to search today using QSpot (the current version) and it worked just fine. I do not have any problems with startup (and this version has not introduced any changes to playlist handling). Could it possible have something to do with use of playlist folders (I am not using those myself at all), or some temporary problem with connections to Spotify servers?

Yaspot uses a different library (despotify), while QSpot uses openspotify.

Edit: Do any of you with problems use something else than stock PR1.3 kernel (e.g., kernel-power; overclocking etc.) ?

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-02-05 at 12:21.

Yes im using power-kernel and overclocking to 900mhz, but i tried it already on 500 and 600Mhz as well, and its not overclocking issue.
By folders i mean playlists (+playlist) button on spotify windows program.
also subscription do same thing.

Try replicate this adding alot subcriptions from different users.

Sorry about library, i diden't knew that

Ok i tried this 5min ago, i downgraded back to 0.2.1-1 and it do same thing, segmentation fault so.. umm... it must be playlist couse i have been adding alot music there last days

i deleted that list now it works, but when i add it back it not work.. lol
no matter if i copy songs or subscribe, same thing. xD

try add list from user sonymusicfinland and subscribe dancefloorhits (fist list) then try load it on n900 then it segmentation. lol

Originally Posted by riku2015 View Post
i deleted that list now it works, but when i add it back it not work.. lol
no matter if i copy songs or subscribe, same thing. xD

try add list from user sonymusicfinland and subscribe dancefloorhits (fist list) then try load it on n900 then it segmentation. lol
Thanks for the info, strange that a particular list will cause QSpot to segfault. I will try with the same list myself at some point.

I found a small bug related to the display orientation handling (could possible cause QSpot to crash). I have fixed the issue, and I will try to upload an updated version later today.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
A bugfix version (0.8.0-2) should now be available from extras-devel (and garage page). The bugfix is related to handling of display orientation (problem that could cause QSpot to crash).

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify