Active Topics

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Indaiatuba, Brasil
Hello, if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry.

Every time I connect to 3G something start downloading and it's consuming about 10mb a day (this is a problem to me because in Brasil 3G connection are charged by the MB used in the month and its expensive).
I don't know what app it is, its not my e-mail because i set to only connect with wifi, I'm thinking that maybe is the app manager looking for updates.
Can I configure the manager to only search when in WiFi connection?
I'm newbie on this.

Thanks

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dunfermline, Scotland
Originally Posted by greis09 View Post
Hello, if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry.

Every time I connect to 3G something start downloading and it's consuming about 10mb a day (this is a problem to me because in Brasil 3G connection are charged by the MB used in the month and its expensive).
I don't know what app it is, its not my e-mail because i set to only connect with wifi, I'm thinking that maybe is the app manager looking for updates.
Can I configure the manager to only search when in WiFi connection?
I'm newbie on this.

Thanks
Wild guess, but it couold be Maemo's auto-update checking the repositories for new software. I believe the only way round it is to disable all repos in App Manager and eneable them only when you want to manually check for updates or install something.

The Following User Says Thank You to philheaton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by philheaton View Post
Wild guess, but it couold be Maemo's auto-update checking the repositories for new software. I believe the only way round it is to disable all repos in App Manager and eneable them only when you want to manually check for updates or install something.
No, you can set the update interval to an enormous value, which will effectively disable the auto-update. See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=19 for the command to run

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Alternatively download maemodder from the repos and you will be able to turn off the updates from within the GUI.

The Following User Says Thank You to Switch_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Indaiatuba, Brasil
Thank you all, its was the auto-update.