Active Topics

Notices

Tried and failed to add these as tickets on your Assembla page for smssend, sorry:
1 - Messages over 160 characters result in only 160 characters appearing in sent db (not sure what arrived) -- (pnatd)
2 - Multiple recipients using -C option justs brings up respective windows and doesn't seem to send anything (Could this be a timing issue as takes a long time to bring up multiple windows?)
3 - Occasionally doesn't appear to send with -C option (Timing again?)

Love this app, currently my most used by some way. Favourite use so far is pretending to remember people's birthdays.

PS: Version 0.1.5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hutchinsfairy For This Useful Post:
Can -m be made optional if -c is used?
The idea is to use (in a shortcut) smssend -c with the contact number to bring up the conversation window.
Cheers!
-A

@amarshall it's a good idea
i think you can pu an empty string in the parameter -m ?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi sakya,

Have been experimenting with the smssend package and it works quite nicely.

Can we assume the basic options kinda frozen and use it as a dependency on other programs/applications?

Could you also update the first post with the latest package in testing?
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...smssend/0.1.6/

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Can we assume the basic options kinda frozen and use it as a dependency on other programs/applications?
Yes, basic options are done (and won't change I think).
I updated the first post.

Last edited by sakya; 2011-03-17 at 10:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Hi there, I was wondering if I can get the number from contacts instead of manually typing the number from CLI. Also, is the sms sent properly sent even if text > 160? It says greater than 160. but only sends the first 160 characters. any solution?

Contacts should be handled by some gui using this tool, not by the cli program in my opinion.
What should the program do if the contact has more than one number defined?

For messages longer than 160 chars, I'll check (honestly I never tried to send long messages with it).
Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: I submitted now version 0.1.7 fixing the > 160 characters bug.

Last edited by sakya; 2011-03-28 at 11:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
Contacts should be handled by some gui using this tool, not by the cli program in my opinion.

For messages longer than 160 chars, I'll check (honestly I never tried to send long messages with it).
Thanks for the feedback.

I understand what you are implying - regd. contacts/CLI.
My main reason for getting this implemented is that it can be a great tool to group sms in an efficient way.

Probably, if there is more than one cell number associated with a contact, smssend can complain it is inappropriate to use it with contacts more than one cell number and exit over CLI?

If this can be done, we can also link it to be used with Nickname? by doing this we can sms to an entire group with same nick name right?

Or can the smssend have an option such that the contact numbers can be selected via GUI and not over CLI? (just like -c to type text over GUI?)

By the way, thanks heaps for getting the multiple sms thing fixed. I will update/check/ get back to you on that.

Thanks, nAni.

Originally Posted by sakya View Post

Thanks for the feedback.

is the 0.1.7 update available on the repository? or should i manually download from some place?

Originally Posted by getnani View Post
Or can the smssend have an option such that the contact numbers can be selected via GUI and not over CLI? (just like -c to type text over GUI?)
This can be a solution. I'll see if i can do this.

The 0.1.7 package is in the extras-devel repository.