Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Hague
I got a reply from Nokia Netherlands and they said they will let the manufacturer know about it...

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
In my opinion, this is a load of bollocks.

No company would be pushing so hard, and trying to get so much community goodwill - and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot this hard.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
I don't know if it's real or not, don't really care, but my feelings tell me that whatever will the next Nxx Maemo device look like, it won't have a hw keyboard...on that i would bet
Directed to this issue specifically.. I'm really not going to be happy if they drop the hardware keyboard from future models. Touch is all very well and good, but my fingers always have trouble with onscreen keyboards. This is the reason I've stuck with my (horrible) HTC Universal for so many years - because there has been no other device which offered a decent keyboard.

(I'll be switching to the N900 because it looks awesome, and also because I admittedly have no real other choice. My universal has been dying for *years*. )

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
I had the opportunity to try out a colleagues 5800, the lack of keyboard makes for a clumsy awkward interface. I'll keep my N900... When it arrives...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
I had the opportunity to try out a colleagues 5800, the lack of keyboard makes for a clumsy awkward interface. I'll keep my N900... When it arrives...
how would using a 5800 have any resemblance of the experience on a maemo device?

two totally different solutions
different Operating Systems
different screen size
different resolution

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Ugh! I hate out of control threads. The issue has already been resolved, its just a rendering by a fellow blogger, and having keys or not doesn't mean all subsequent NITs will be keyless. If all goes well, Nokia may go hog wild with multiple form factors, which is a good thing.

By luck or not, the OP appears to have been right...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hutchinsfairy For This Useful Post:
this better be ******** and a real qwerty keyboard phone had better be out