Active Topics

Originally Posted by hansaka View Post
looks like i have another problem
when i recover the n900 memory i recovered all the data i had on the chip but today only i noticed that i only can read those data. i cant modify, delete or anything.
now I'm backing up all my data but do guys knows a way to fix this without formatting?
looks like its working again, i just tried to do something to the files via terminal log in as root and i back up the files then file manager starts working fine. i dont know what fixed this but its working fine now . all i know is some wired stuff going on these days

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Blanes (Girona) - Spain
Hi.

I have the same problem, and I send it for 3 times at Nokia care.

First time: 2 days, simply reflashed (I can do it at my home). Time to corrupted again: 3 hours.

Second time: one week, somethink like "repaired bad isolate contact" (sound like, simply reflashed). Time to corrupted again: 2 hours.

Third time: one week, the Care say "this phone have the memory corrupted, and warranty not availabe. 80 Eur or go home". I say, I know is corrupted, is this the problem, the phone corrupt the memory. Finally I don't like pay and I have the phone at home.

Now is working fine 3 days, but again corrupt the memory.

Reestart and go fine, open calendar and add a new event, select "all day" and crash. The memory change to "readonly" or "memory corrupted", because sometimes not corrupted, but yes readonly.

It's fantastic.

Sorry for my bad english.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Well i do not think that the memory itself is corrupt, it is FAT file system that is a fault in itself in 21st century.
Please describe your usage pattern for getting your stuff on the phone, like which OS, File manager and things.
Did you actually try to repair the filesystem with 'fsck -r'?
If you get your stuff from the internal mmc, you could reformat the mmc via Hildon File Manager or via X-Terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
If things are saved, or you still have the files already copied before, this would write a copy of the superblock of a FAT32 filesystem only back
Code:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=512 count=1 skip=6
Note: If that is failing [check with the above fsck code] there is no way back but to rewrite the image your before took, or to knowingly wipe the partition and format it.
I had the same "Cluster size is zero." error several minutes ago (and a small heart attack) and I write just to inform you your upper code has worked on my Device. Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
My guess is that you have lost your data on this partition. Now, only formatting it |:/

Unless michaaaa62 has a better idea, I would try now

Code:
mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1
this should wipe out everything that was in the 27gb part of your phone and make it work |:/

You could try other tools to try to recover the files that were on that, but you looked like they didn't matter after all...

and then, just like michaaa62 said:

AMAZING. This is the only thread on the internet that makes any sense on this topic, and I just managed to fix my phone with exactly the same problem - just wanted to say thanks. Genius.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Tartu, Estonia
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
My guess is that you have lost your data on this partition. Now, only formatting it |:/

Unless michaaaa62 has a better idea, I would try now

Code:
mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1
this should wipe out everything that was in the 27gb part of your phone and make it work |:/
thanks so much!! was starting to get insanely worried. there is not enough love in the world to express mine for you

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
You might try to get debugging info from within your device in X-Terminal. But for some of the commands to work you need rootsh from extras repository installed.
Code:
mount
df -h
ls -al /home
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l
If you have questions regarding the output, feel free to ask, but attach or copy'n'paste the full output of all commands.

hi..the last commmand sfdisk -l is not working

i think the command is fdisk -l

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by tranthao View Post
hi..the last commmand sfdisk -l is not working
Please copy/paste the output - or at least give some more info than "...is not working".

The right command *is* sfdisk...

EDIT: I reckon it's because you're not the root user. Is your prompt a '#' or a '$' when you enter it?

oh sorry, I thought it seemed like a typo