Closed Thread
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
how many n900 users are out there in the world? huh?. if only a marketing strategy would start spreading the word on this new updates coming on a regular basis maybe nokia and µSoft could rethink their strategy and dropping their wp7 and just rename Maemo intro WP7/8/9/, or not . I belive it would rise interest in new end-users.

Last edited by gorgezilla; 2011-02-25 at 13:58.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by gorgezilla View Post
how many n900 users are out there in the world? huh?. if only a marketing strategy would start spreading the word on this new updates
A marketing strategy is needed for when the stable one is released. Perhaps it'd include things like a standard maemo.org header for devices coming with an unmodified N900; getting Nokia to include a link in the Tableteer RSS feed; press release to Engadget et al ...? Feel free to start http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Marketing and link to it from "Contributing" on the homepage.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
Just gotta say that thank you for all who works with CSSU, my n900 was just everyday phone for a long time but now i find my self playing around with it many hours in a day. I look forward to see how good portrait mode you develop. I just wish i had brains to help u, i know lots of IT stuff but i aint coder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaekaelae For This Useful Post:
I like the zoom_on_press option, would love it if the zoom wouldn't release until I release the pressure on the screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar79 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
no more portrait mode for modest after late update. Hmm..strange

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
can someone tell me what parallax and zoom on press is?
cheers

I have to agree with the other posters wondering what surprise awaits us behind that flashing yellow icon makes getting up in the morning something to look forward to each day.

It is great we are on the cutting edge of developement and perhaps Nokia should of put the CSSU in place from day 1, I do wonder if the CSSU may change the way firmware updates are controlled in the fuure, if not, we are all having great time developing the N900 to its true potential. Please keep the updates coming I can't wiat to get home and try 12.5!!

Originally Posted by gorgezilla View Post
no more portrait mode for modest after late update. Hmm..strange
working for me with the new message button fixed. Make sure you have transition.ini settings correct (sets to defaults after update).
Now all modest needs is a fix for dialogues and modest will be perfect. (portrait wise anyway)

Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
can someone tell me what parallax and zoom on press is?
cheers
parallax is when you scroll across desktops and the icons scroll faster than the background, making the icons appear closer. a larger number in the transition.ini file for parallax and the faster the icons will move.

zoom press just does a quick little zoom out and back in again with you touch certain things, I'm assuming these things are to do with hildon-desktop (ie. when you touch the close button or touch the desktop background this is activated).
The effect this is supposed to give is that your pressing the screen into the device, or something like that.

Last edited by randomdood; 2011-02-25 at 14:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
imo it is much better than nokias strategy....
I couldn't agree more.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post

Just one question, what do you think of the rate of updates?
owh yeah...definitely 200% better than what nokia gave us...nah..1000% better..nahh....actually..i'm speechless.....the rating that i could give is BEYOND WORDS!!

i just can't thank all of you enuff for what the community has given us....this phone..the N900..is the best phone i've ever had...however, given the full support/contribution from the developers/community..again..it's beyond words..

this N900 has serve me very well..and i believe..with the continuous support by the community..the N900 will serve me well as long as it still functioning...

i also believe..that the N900 will become a legend..a title that no other phones deserve..and i hope the N900 will be a base platform for future Tablet Phone..

(note i didn't include the "brand" infront of N900!!i just can't say/type it!! )

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade