Active Topics

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
You now, if somebody could tell me a big advantage of having this flash10, that would be just great. I mean a real advantage, although with it swf files don't open...
some sites don't work with flash9

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
I'm sure if it was that easy, it would have been done by now. Unfortunately, there's no 1:1 translation between x86 and ARM, never mind many to one translation of some instructions. Worse yet if they use the Intel compiler and it tosses in some optimizations.
Indeed, there are plenty of decompilers out there though. Depends what Flash is written in...

Originally Posted by jbd View Post
You could try to replace your libflashplayer.so 9.4 by the version available at the link below:

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/02/...ia-n900-maemo/

With MicroB on flash test pages, I am detected as 10.1.105.6 (while the latest version available is 10.1.102.64)
Didn't test much with other websites though, but so far so good.

Does this solution actually work on sites like bbc iplayer etc?

I suggested the texas instruments thingy ages ago and was shot down by some of the 'experts' on here. Now it looks like someone has got it to work.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
oh come on with the support whining, have you ever had another brand of phone? Samsung left the awesome omnia hd to die. The 5800 is looking better now even with It's mediocre hardware. the same with The first galaxy. The milestone has 'flash ready' written on the box but no flash whatsoever till now. How many phones are there with froyo and flash 10.1 anyway. At least we have 9.4
I have an Archos 70 with Froyo and flash 10.1. Youtube videos in the browser play much better on my N900. Much better.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
just got the new libflashplayer. off to try it out....

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the "new" libflashplayer isn't new, its the TI one, its crappy and broken, and since i removed it my "old" libflash,layer seems broken too.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

nothing seems different to me. If anything I can concur that it might even be a bit worse that the 'old' one. Think I'll swap it back.
I have tweak flash version installed too and tried different settings in there.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I saw probably in engadget that Flash 10.2 was out...

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
does anyone reckon it would be possible to get adobe to release on a donations basis?

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

The plugin can be accessed thru my dropbox :
<link removed>

Just to share my experience of installing flash player 10.1.

I did save the old libflashplayer.so into mybackup folder.
then, i copied the new one into /usr/lib/browser/plugins

i dunno how to use rootsh. I just using application called FileBox, very easy to access root and also to see hidden/system files by tapping the setting. At first, I did try using x-terminal to copy the file, but it never let me performed the task and gave me "permission denied"....

After rebooting my n900. Connect to my WIFI and finally, i managed to open website that fully flash enabled. Awesome..... I can watch flash-streamed video nicely....and play farmville....

N900 really makes me happy.....

*thanks to ppl that sharing the file.... I took it from him

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2011-02-28 at 02:44. Reason: Do not post or link to materials you do not have license to distribute.

Tags
bada bada, delete adobe, delete everyone, delete me, delete nokia, delete us, delete you, give us bada, worstthreadever